I'm going to the city of cream cheese

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by canadian_boy, Apr 4, 2007.

1. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

On a school trip.
    I think it could be fun :D

And we're only two guys outa 22 going :H

PS- The city of cream cheese is actually Philadelphia
    PSS-I love y'all :D

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Be sure to not get shot.

I hate Philadelphia. I've never been North of Philly on the East Coast, but I really can't stand the city... and their airport is ridiculous. They lost my bags and broke my digital camera, but I never filed a claim with the TSA, though I really don't suppose they could care. Pearson airport, in Toronto, takes American money, but American airports won't take Canadian or Mexican money. :eek: It's ridiculous, really.

It's strange to think you'll probably be tracing my footsteps at some point, when you go to PHL.

3. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

Do you have to have a passport to cross the US-Canadian border in either direction?

And about the money thing, try working at a gas station next to a University that says you can only accept IDs from the state you're in. Even though Oregon is only like.. an hour away. And for some reason we have Canadians who come here for school.
    I accepted the IDs anyway. Its only fair, I mean, they do have the legal right to buy alcohol afterall.

4. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Why would one HATE Philadelphia? I can understand having one, or several, bad experiences dealing with the hassle of the incompetant people working in the public service areas, but the city is beautiful and the people here are amazing. :) Maybe you need to come and visit again Orsino, stop by and I'll show you whats up.

5. SunshineLovePeace

SunshineLovePeace all you need is love

the airport in philly is absolute hell... i missed my flight and had to stay there an extra 4-5 hours and we ventured out into the area near the airport and that wasnt too pleasant either :eek:

but yeah, i hope you have a great trip :D have you ever been to the US before?

6. Orsino2

Haha... That's like me telling you to go camping ITP in Hotlanta, not that I don't have a thing for ATL-- it doesn't have to be spoken for and it's just not going to happen.

I've been to Philly delivering seafood to markets... I mean, I think I probably see more ridiculous things happen in PHL than I do in DC (Hey, that'd be bizarre if we could say DCA, but then people would be like Dulles? Reagan?... I always call Norfolk ORF, and that just messes people up... worst airport in the united states contest either goes to PHL or O'Hare... it's a toss up)

7. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

ah george yer so goddamn stubborn and set in your ways...

8. Orsino2

Psh, I'm not stubborn in person, you know that.

It just comes out that way because I think I debate everything way too much. :D

That and well, I've hit enough potholes to have a general idea that there'll be another one when you least expect it, but I figure that's a given. [​IMG]

Btw, Philly cat... I don't know who you is, but I'm sorry. It's nothing personal. Philly creeps me out and the guy selling cheesesteaks freaked out when I told him I only had Canadian money, but... you know, Philly has always been pretty bad to me.

9. MoonjavaSeed

pshaw. yer just a southerner. ahha :D

10. Orsino2

(PS, I catch your drift, but I don't think you'd want to be stuck there or East ATL, somewhere, either. :D And Philly really can be an unkind place.)

11. MoonjavaSeed

all i'm sayin is don't be hatin. :D

12. Orsino2

Psh, I know. But you can be honest, joke about things, and still not hate. :D You can also do all three of those at the same time... uh, and not be honest, what have you, but I prefer something a little bit more logical and sweeter than that.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

At the moment, you need a passport if you're flying between the two. You can drive over with a DL.

And it isn't Philly's fault it sucks. It just had the bad luck of being too close to New Jersey.

14. Orsino2

You can drive over until 12-31-07... then you'll need a passport.

15. Krsna Bhakti

Actually, you may be wrong about that ;) certain Yes album come to mind?

16. Orsino2

Oh, alright. I was wondering, because you're really the only person I know on here from Philly, besides soaringeagle.

17. Krsna Bhakti

I hear ya. Im keeping it on the semi DL, trying to start fresh ya know. Too many problems with the other one :)

18. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

It was absolutely awesome :D

And Maryanne, we'll need a passport to cross the border by road next year. Right, now it's only for air travel that you need a passport. Right now, you can cross the border with a valid driver's license, a provincial birth certificate etc ..

Annnd, i loved the city. Of course, San Francisco is way better, but philly is pretty nice. I enjoyed the art museum..

19. Krsna Bhakti

Glad you had fun :) I just moved to South Philly but I was living literally right by the art museum 2 weeks ago :)

20. Orsino2

Whoa... does that mean... the National Treasure thing was within view of where you lived?