I'M FUCKING OUTRAGED!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by phil1965, Mar 30, 2020.

1. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Just been watching the news and one of the airlines, I won't name them, yet, has told it's staff that it's going into shutdown, and they are willing to continue paying them if they go and work at one of the Nightingale hospitals that are being set up around the country!
    That's disgusting, if people want to do it then they should do it because they want to, NOT, because their employer forces them to, no doubt there are a lot of people who'll do this because they can't live without money, well nobody can, other industries are taking it on the chin and paying their workers even though they are not working, but not only do these airlines want to force their staff to work there, but they also want the government to bail them out to the tune of millions of pounds! Stuff em, let em go to the wall, only looking after their shareholders, I'll bet.

WritersPanic likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Really? You are worried about one airline?

You really cannot see what's coming?

wilsjane likes this.
  3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah I'd save that all caps thread title. You're peaking early.

lode, Dax, Varmint and 1 other person like this.
  4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

At the moment, airline operators, manufacturers and airports are in about the most serious position on the planet, without cashflow, they can collapse within a matter of days. Even the rental or repayments on a fleet costing up to £200 million each, will cripple them. Heathrow employs 76.000 staff, so they are in the same position.
    To make matters even worse, most of the planes that are idle will require a new certificate of airworthiness, costing about a million pounds before they can resume service..
    Why is an airline expecting people to work, rather than sit at home such a problem.? Their training and regular health checks will put them in an ideal position to help others who are in genuine need.
    Meanwhile, retired doctors and nurses, many of them in their 70's are returning to work, without even considering or asking for pay.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  5. Varmint

Varmint Member

You seem to have quite the talent for understatement.

WritersPanic likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

for those of us who don't keep up with british slang, nightingale hospitals are critical care hospitals being set up in britain to combat the covid-19 virus.

so basically the complaint here is that one business who is shut down due to the quarantines is offering their employees an opportunity to continue working in a crucial role instead of sitting around and being rejected for unemployment like everyone else?

Nudegardner likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Kinda like me. My role was shut down so boss gave me extra work.

No complaints. Money in the bank.

8. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Using caps like that when starting a thread is rather ignorant I feel.
    'Shouting' like that, particularly while using swear words is a possible turn off I feel.

Aside from that I basically agree with the theme of the shout.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

JAN HAS PLASTIC BOOOOOBS

Boozercruiser likes this.
  10. I kind of like the caps. The content is disappointing, though. I mean, it's not that outrageous.

WritersPanic likes this.
  11. Boozercruiser

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Airlines are losing a lot of money at the moment. It's actually rather generous to offer payment to those who volunteer to help out. No one is forcing anyone to do anything.

Dax likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Irms honest opinion.

Fuck the airlines.

14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Well that's something I've never been told before.

15. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

my point was that most of these people have no experience in working in hazardous environments, and from what I've seen lately a lot of members of the nhs have little idea either, while the idea of volunteering to help is very laudible, it should be just that, volunteering, not being told to 'volunteer'
    There's an old couple over the road from me, they have a district nurse visit every day, I think one of them has leg ulcers, of all the nurses who visit I've only seen one carry out correct infection control measures, to be honest I'm glad they are not treating me. they work something like this.
    Nurse arrives at house and gets out of car, opens boot and puts on plastic gloves, she then gets all the kit needed and enters the house, she dresses the wounds wearing the gloves she put on outside, then leaves the house, still wearing the gloves, opens the boot, still wearing the gloves, places all the rubbish in a bag, including the gloves. She then applies gel to her hands before closing the boot, gets in the car and drives off.
    Now this is clearly wrong, any germs on the gloves from the first patient will be on the boot handle, then onto the gloves when she goes to treat the next patient, not to mention also being on her hands, honestly, it's pathetic, I know everyone is under pressure, but seriously, think about what you are doing.

16. Boozercruiser

:tonguewink:

[​IMG]

17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

But but but, we need airlines to spread diseases around the world so fast and effectively.

We must reward them with billions!

Also,

FUCK!

WritersPanic likes this.
  18. Varmint

Varmint Member

My dad was a corpsman back in WW2 and, I believe, in Korea. Later in life he spent a good deal of time during retirement taking care of mom at home because her kidney's were shutting down. I think she had about 5-10% function in them, so they did the home dialysis routine. Whenever dad had to take her to a hospital or clinic he'd raise all kinds of hell about their lack of hygeine and poor methods. Evidently many of these folks had never read the proper procedures for how to care for someone with an open port on their body, which is like having a constantly open wound. He was treated like an ignorant fool, but wouldn't back down from them, until they looked for themselves and found that THEY had put the proper procedures in cold hard print, which he had read, while they didn't, or they'd simply forgotten. It amazed him how so-called "professionals" could be unaware of the very procedures they had written, and it seemed pretty common at the time.

I'm avoiding such places as much as possible, and will continue to do so for as long as possible.

19. Varmint

Varmint Member

Umm....screw that. Let the nations whose flags they fly under reward them. They all wanted to fly under foreign flags to avoid our nation's punishing taxes, so we shouldn't be giving them the citizen's tax dollars to bail them out. Let them fire their incompetent executives instead.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It's next winter you really have to worry about anyway, your country will be broke, everyone will be fed up with washing their hands 20 times a day by then and all the kids especially will be carriers

Boozercruiser and Nudegardner like this.