I'm fucking annoyed.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mynameiskc, Jan 30, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i haven't eaten more that 1500 calories in a day for over a week, but since we're broke and ll i have is pasta and shit like that, i've gained 15 pounds. that's just fucking bullshit!

2. OpheliaBlue

OpheliaBlue Member

How were you eating before the 15 pound gain? If you were eating too little, your metabolism might have slowed way down, causing you to gain weight even at 1500 calories a day.

Or am I totally off?

3. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Damn, that's fucked up. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm gonna join Curves ....until then I'm eating my ass off. I need to be told what to do. I've tried all this stuff on my own.....none of it worked so I assume that I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I'm bringing in professionals

4. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

try a pregnancy test!

5. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

:( Im sorry to hear about that Kc, dont give up though, I weigh 240. mine was going down and rebounded some to epecially after the hollidays. hope you get things back where you are comfortable again soon. Much love and peace

Rebel_1
    Chris

6. mynameiskc

i was able to eat regularly throughout the day. mainly meats and veggies. now there's just pasta. it's bullshit.

7. amberfilter

amberfilter Member

I know where you are at, I am on a tight budget now too.... Here's some advice to
    balance the protein and carbs in your meals.
    Put a cup of kidney beans in the pasta sauce and make sure you aren't eating more than 2 cups of pasta per meal. (Beans are cheap too, canned is easier to cook).
    Try to get tuna when it's on sale, and mayo is okay if you use 1 TBSP per meal or less.
    Whole grains are better for you if you can, they keep your blood sugar more regulated which can help to keep your weight down.
    Also, you can keep your eye out for frozen vegetables that are on sale and throw them in with the pasta to keep the carbs down.
    I would suggest whole wheat pasta, but it's a bit pricey if it is not on sale.
    Try to be creative if you have the time. It'll be worth it.

Good luck, and keep your chin up, it's tough to keep the pounds off when its cold outside. What state are ya in?

8. mynameiskc

i'm not usually on so tight a budget. it was a really nasty fluke that left us with a grand total of $1.50 to live on for a week. i've been raiding the pantry for the food extras we have, which is mainly just potato dishes, rice, pasta, ramen noodles. i usually shop really well, it just didn't work out this week. what really torques my jaw is going 5 days on carbs and gaining 15 FREAKING POUNDS. that's just so not right.

9. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

try a low carb diet..

10. mynameiskc

lol. that's kinda what i was on. i only got my carbs from vegetables. now i'm screwed.

11. thisismike

thisismike Overlooked/Uninvited

Ahh.. You and Fontella are still way hot in my book.

12. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I agree... white flour products can lead to quick weight gain