i'm falling in love with this guy who's 27 years older than i am

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by beatniksik, May 19, 2004.

1. beatniksik

beatniksik Member

is this right, does love hold no boundaries? this is crazy

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Holy shit.... well, how old are you?

3. beatniksik

beatniksik Member

i' 20 and he's 47.

4. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

I'd like to tell you that love knows no bounds, and that age doesn't matter. But when it's such a GINORMOUS age difference such as 27yrs, I'd suggest you just move on. It sounds like a pretty touchy situation, and you'll probably only end up getting hurt.

5. beatniksik

beatniksik Member

why? would i get hurt

6. sitareric

sitareric Banned

It always happens, silly girls

7. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

When you're 40, he'll be 67 and about to die. I always think about that, because I'm all about appearance... hehe.. :D

Not really....:rolleyes:

8. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

as long as both sides understand that its a purely sexual relationship, i think youll both do ok. but if one of you starts thinking that this ones gonna work out in the long run, things will range from very very bad to alot worse and bordering a little past extreemely dangerous. have fun.

9. beatniksik

beatniksik Member

o.k. i don't understand... it's not a purely sexual relationship, i love him and he loves me, the age thing is the only problem. i don't care about appearance but he still looks good.

10. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

If you truly love him and he truly loves you, age is irrelevant. :)

11. WayfaringStranger

then im gonna say that this is a bad move. the general rule is half your age plus seven years for a healthy relationship. and that of course can be stretched a bit. i most likely see one of two things happening(only slightly exagerating) your going to be come disinterested in him first, and he'll kill you, or he's in it for the sex and he's gonna end up dating one or more of your girlfriends.

this man is in a tottaly different mental place than you. you are starting to live, he is finishing.(not dying, but starting to slow down into retirement)

12. beatniksik

beatniksik Member

THE CLOCK DON'T STOP UNTIL THE TICK TOCK DROPS, I'LL LOVE HIM UNTIL THAT HAPPENS BUT FOR NOW WE HAVE OUR DIVINE RELATIONSHIP, but i do understand what you're saying.

13. WayfaringStranger

maybe i am a litle bit of devils advocate, i just wanted you to understand the possiblities.:D are we still friends?:)

14. beatniksik

beatniksik Member

yes we're still friends

15. Flowerchild

Flowerchild Member

I love older men, I don't know why and I can completely understand you! I had a guy who was 15yrs older, one who was 18yrs older and one who was 16yrs older. I know that was basically a sex affair and I didn't LOVE them...but please, become happy with him! I think it's awesome that you dare it, because it's so not accepted by society, I couldn't do it because there'd always be the weird looks around us holding hands or sth like that, well, I'll probably eventually end up like you, I just can't so anything with young guys! I wish you the best of luck!!

16. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Well... I believe the age of love can stretch... but 27 years is a lot. Think about it this way: When you were born, he was 27 year old. He was old enough to be married and have children, had been through a whole lifetime of experiences and schooling, and you were just a few days old. That's how I always look at it. It most cases, like 10 years or less difference, it seems to work. But in such an extreme difference, there just seems to be such a mental gap that it just blows up eventually and you leave hurt and heartbroken. But of course, that's just my opinion, but if you guys are really on the same level, and love each other, then hey, who am I to say? If this was really meant to be between you guys, then it'll happen. If it's not, well, then that'll happen too. Just gotta wait and see I guess... Did that make any sense?

17. beatniksik

beatniksik Member

well i don't only like older men, but i don't like to limit myself to just this age grop or this color, it's silly age i just a number, and we are on the same level, we like the same music, we have the same interests. what more is there to have? i think that's all that matters

18. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Yeah, I can understand that. Just be careful of yourself alright? You just enver know it seems nothing or no one is safe in this world anymore...

19. WayfaringStranger

hey flowerchild17, will you go out with me?;)

20. kier

kier I R Baboon

just be carefull....he's had 27 more years of experience, he'll of lived through alot, and when it comes down to it your still young in the world.