I'm done with Weed forever.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by digitalldj, Jan 2, 2005.

1. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

my new years resolution, for the last 2 months i've probably been smoking 1-2 times a day EVERY day, i've develloped a nasty smokers cough and constantly hack shit up, so i've decided i'm done, no more of the wonderfull drug for at least 6 months i've said. Time to get healthy again

2. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

good luck with that

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

that should bring your tollerance way back down

4. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

6 months is forever? Good to know...

5. Tainted

Tainted Member

That's weird.... I've smoked weed for 3 years everyday and I would cough occasionaly and I'm sure it had something to do with weed, but it wasnt that often and it wasn't bad. I diddn't start coughing/hacking shit up since I started smoking ciggerates, within 3 months of starting I always have shit in my throat.

6. harshhookah

harshhookah Member

You may find it harder to quit then your first thought. If I was you (and was really serious about quitting) id take a good look at my life habbits and friends.

#1 You need to find something to do to keep your mind off pot. A.k.a your gf
    #2 Do your friends smoke pot? If so then its going to be much harder to quit. Make sure to tell them not to offer you any.

7. deserttraveler

deserttraveler Member

That's too bad......sorry you feel the need to quit.

8. erowid

erowid Member

sometimes its just the way to go, best of luck to ya I have to stay off for another 4 months still, actually exactly 4 months to this day.

9. Aberfoyle

Aberfoyle Member

Think its a wonderful drug but find the effects on your respiratory system unpleasant?

Why not vaporize it instead?

10. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

^^^Vappy's are the way to go to avoid the lung damage. i smoke everyday with the vap for the past 2 years and I haven't had a roblem with coughing.

Anyway, i don't think its a bad thing to quit for a while. After smoking/drinking/shrooms for the past 3 weeks of break my brain hates me, so I'm taking a few week break. Best of luck with the resolution and remember that you could always just smoke occasionally and you're tolerance will be gone whichis awesome

PEace

11. Mui

Mui Senior Member

quittingpot is fucking easy, i did it for a year and came back

you'll come back
    they always come back
    and you will wonder why you quit.

12. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

ive stopped for 6 months before, its not too hard. well i puffed maybe 4 or 5 times in that 6 months . . . its nice to always be stoned, but its also nice to be sober. i found i wansnt getting stoned anymore before i stopped, now i get lit again when i light up. even off of shwagg.

13. EddieV1984

EddieV1984 Member

Damn, im sorry you feel the need to quit, but if thats what you is right, then i say do it. This just shows how everybody reacts to the plant differently. Ive been smoking probably at least 3 times a day since late september. I really havent noticed that much of a problem. I do cough more than usual, and my tolerance is high, but im still smoking. I do plan to take a break before spring break tho.

14. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Never say never again.!

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Start riding a bike or jogging or something... that'll help get your lungs into fightin' shape.

When you do start smokin, don't do it as often, just socially and stuff.

I smoke maybe every couple weeks, and when I do smoke with one of my friends whos a big pothead, I notice he coughs a lot when hes smoking.

16. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

If the concern is your' lungs, vaporize or bake with it.

If its being sober, theres nothing wrong with taking a break to let your head clear up. Its never too hard for me to take short breaks, but good luck!

17. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

I'm thining aobut stopping for a while, or at least slowing down. Over the christmas break i smoked everyday, to put me to sleep, and tnonight is actually the second night ive gone without smoking and id like to be able to go sober for a while, but i don't forsee myself actually stopping.

18. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Havent you ever heard that saying "No Body Likes A Quitter"

19. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i dont think its possible for me to quit at this point in my life. I said i was going to quit for 2 weeks, but instead i get smoked out by all my friends. My theory is "why quit when there is no harm done?"

of course if i get caught, then i would probably quit for awhile, but thats a variable :p

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Its pretty harsh on your lungs... and the metabolites stay in your blood for weeks, making exercise less efficient.

I'm not trying to sound like a god damned after school special... its just the reason I quit.

but smokes 'em if ya gots em.