I'm Back!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by PhotoDude, Jun 15, 2013.

1. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

It's been a while since I've last logged in here. Hold on, let me check to see how long. It can only be a few months. (Checking my last post) Holy crap on a monkey stick, it's been 5 months. To tell the truth, I felt as if it was longer than that.

For the one or two of you who knew/remember me, let me update you.

At last post, I was unemployed for 11 months. That sucked more than a Hoover Vacuum Cleaner on Deputy Doofy's dick. (Scary Movie reference) Since February I've been working for Habitat For Humanity. I work for the Chesapeake branch in Maryland, working in their ReStore.

For those of you who are still reading this, ReStore is a mix of Home Depot and Goodwill. We take donated Building Materials and used furniture (as well as other items) and sell them in our stores, and all the money go to building extra homes. We had 3 stores, and with the money we make, we are able to build an EXTRA 15-20 homes a year for low income families. We just opened a 4th store (my store) and are hoping to add an extra 10 homes built per year.

My job is to go out on the truck and pick up donations from people's homes or business and bring them to my store to be built. So I basically move furniture all day long, and with the exception of a minor Hip injury my first week, it's been great.

I've also been writing more on my blog. I went through a VERY long dry spell. I think it was caused by depression. Depression from not having a job for so long. That's over now, but I'm not writing as much as I like. I finding it hard to find new and interesting topics to write about, but I feel that something will pop up in my head. It's best not to forced it.

There's more, but I feel that you might find it boring. If you've made it this far into this post, thanks. I really soon write some more, but I really just wanna hop back into here. So here I go...

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

What a worthwhile cause! Nice things have turned around for you. :)

Welcome back!!

3. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

Things really have turned around. The last time I posted I was living with my folks, with little hope of the future. I may still live with them, but not for too much longer, with a new car, a new job, and a woman that I plan to marry.

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Nice place to get to in life and one to enjoy! :)

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Great News, I Wish You Well For The Future...:)

Cheers Glen.

6. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

Thanks Heather. friend Request coming your way.

7. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

Thanks Glen. Good to see that you are still here.

8. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

good job on bringing your life up

9. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

Welcome back!:)

10. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

happiness to you!

:)