I'm annoyed

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DancerAnnie, May 23, 2007.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

So I started sort of "seeing" one of my ex boyfriends again...we've been broken up for a few years now and recently got back in touch. We've just been hanging out and doing other "stuff" (for fun) since I'm moving in a couple of months and all...and neither one of us are ready for a relationship, let alone a long distance one.

I don't know why but at first it was fun...but now, he's just been getting on my nerves. He's a nice guy and all, but he annoys me sometimes. I still want to be his friend, but the stuff we've been doing lately has not been "friend-like" if you know what I mean...and I want to cut that out...I've never been in this situation before, so I guess I don't know how to (tactfully) tell him I don't want to do that stuff with him anymore, but I still want to hang out...

I'm annoyed...

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Sometimes coming right out and saying what you think is the best way, although it may be awkward or hard.

I've noticed not only in my past relationships but relationships I know friends that had, that the whole on again/off again relationship never works out, even if the 'off again' is years. Best policy: when you break up with someone, there's a reason behind the break up. It's a sign to move on to someone else.

3. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

You know, that's what I always thought...but we broke up simply because I was immature and jealous...not that I'm that much more mature, but I'm not a jealous person anymore (that's what happens when you grow up a little, I guess), so the catalyst of us breaking up in the past was because of my insecurities, not his...

*shrugs* I don't know...I haven't really talked to him much lately, but...yeah...we'll see.

4. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Time might have changed you and him both and your opinions of people ect thus making it hard to be together now with out this issue?? If this is for a short time then just keep yourself busy till its over then he will be happy and you know in your heart you did a kind act?

5. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

I am so sorely tempted to start seeing somebody it didn't work out with. I actually called him last night. He just wasn't emotionally ready then. Maybe I wasn't either. I always want to tell him every time I hear a good song on the online folk fest, and when I'm at a concert and am having fun and dancing, because he had such awesome taste in music and that's one of the things about him that's tons of fun.

Even if he was ready now, which I doubt, it wouldn't be a good idea to hang out with him too much because I'm leaving soon anyway. But it's really tempting to take him to see Old Crow Medicine Show with me next month.

6. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Rochester is nice, I like Wolcott to the east a little better but its far better than Buffall thats for sure. They do need to work on that whole intercity interstate deal there, its pretty twisted right in the heart of it.

7. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

I agree with ceridwen here. Ex's are ex's for a reason. Very rarely do both people end up changing, while apart, in a way that helps them grow together.