I'm afraid to go barefoot outside

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by retrofishie, May 9, 2004.

1. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

Aren't you afraid of walking outside without shoes on and stepping something and getting like aids? i want to go barefoot but i'm really afraid. what do yout think.

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Na man, i go barefoot all the time, there's really nothing to worry about. Just keep your eyes peeled and don't be doin wierd shit like dancing on heroin needles or walking around garbage dumps. Most stuff like broken glass is'nt as common as people would have you belive, and even if you step on some, it just brushes off easy.

3. minjeig

minjeig Member

i definately felt like that too, but backtothelab is right, there's nowhere near as much glass as people would have you believe and i've not once come across a needle. that being said, i'm planning on avoiding grassy areas until my soles get tougher just in case i don't see something. if you keep your eyes on the ground then you should be fine!

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

when i go to the market in lake worth, i see them all the time, it can be kinda gross

5. Manolao

Manolao Member

I like being barefoot becasue it gives me a closer contact to nature... but when I am not in nature.. i.e. in civilised places like cities ot towns I don't really like it... coz being barefoot there gives me a closer contact with the industrialised place...

so I prefer being barefoot when I am on gras, rocks, stones, sand, wood...

6. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

face your fears? [​IMG]

7. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Member

The probability of you stepping on something and getting AIDS from it is infinitessimally small.

Consider this: HIV is very fragile. It cannot survive outside of the human body for longer than 60 seconds.

In order for there to be any possibility of infection, you would have to come in contact with body fluids from an infected person less than a minute after it left their body. You would also have to have an open wound on your foot (not just a scratch mind you, an open wound) so that the virus could get into your bloodstream.

8. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I used to go barefoot all the time as a kid. Then one day I got warts all over my feet. GROSS! The doc said it was from something I stepped on. Nice. Got rid of them all, and haven't really gone barefoot outside except for at the beach since then.

9. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i go barefoot all the time. the only things that can cut you are the tops and bottoms of broken bottles, a fixed peice of metal, cut straw, and corals. you'll be fine.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  10. BareFootMama

BareFootMama Member

The worst thing I ever stepped on was a stud earring... IN my house! It was on the floor and it pierced my heel. YOUCH! Now, I have stepped on glass, gotten stung by bees on my feet, but the earring was the worst.... I think it hurt more to pull it out that it did when I stepped on it :(

11. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

To quash your fears of barefooting... consider this...

Prehistoric... and even historic humans went barefoot for much of their lives... it's as natural as taking a piss.

As for modern day obstacles... glass, needles and such... There's not as much out there as suburban paranoia would lead one to believe. Besides, the human foot can become quite tough when it's allowed to experience natural abrasion. There's really no need for fear... the best way to start going barefoot is slowly... a little at a time.. eventually, (weather permitting of course) you won't need to wear shoes at all...

peace.

12. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Ok, well what about having ugly feet????

13. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of going barefoot in regards to foot injuries. I'm kinda afraid in regards to the unecessary attention I'd attract. I shouldn't be, but I really haven't found the right time to go barefoot.

Actually, the one time I did go barefoot outside, I went back inside because it felt a little cold outside.

14. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

for me, conquering fear is apart of going barefoot.

the fear of looking silly, or freakish, and the fear of physical pain(depending where i walk).

dont be scared, if you want to do it, just do it. if the pain is overwhelming(which i doubt), just go home and put some shoes on.

it is also very unlikely you will catch anything. i go barefoot most of the summer/spring in my neighborhood and im yet to have anything strange pop up.

15. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Bad things I've stepped on:

A scorpion
    A safety pin, the big kind... didn't hurt, but pulling it out was a BITCH

16. 18daydreamer

18daydreamer Member

Ive been going barefoot ever since i was little. Shoes where always the first thing to come off when i got home from school.i always went barefooted in my yard n in the woods.we have always lived out in the country.no matter how many things i stepped on or how many cuts n holes i got in my feet i always went barefoot. i still do.eventually your feet get really tough. we had these things in my yard called stinging needles (thats what we called them) and i used to step in them all the time and my feet would buuurn but i got used to it. just watch where u step.

17. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Why does stuff hurt more coming OUT of your foot than going in?? That makes no sense. *scratching head*

18. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Because it swells up to protect you or whatever....

You can also get those little worms that crawl into the soft part under your toes and try to kill you. Fuck them, though. I'm a champ.

19. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

I used to live on a farm and went bare foot all the time and it never bothered me, the soles of my feet were thick as leather, but now that i live in a large city i am just afraid of things like needles and anything that i could get sick from, i've stepped on glass in my own house and it didn't hurt much but i know that there wasn't anything communicable on it.

20. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member