I'm afraid of the dark.

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by backtothelab, May 23, 2004.

1. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Yep, i don't like the dark. I look around, and all i see is scary shit. When i go to bed, i have to turn on the tv, then turn off the light and fan, then turn the tv off from my bed(with the remote). And i think i have charles bonnet syndrome, cause alot of things move in the dark if i just sit and stare at them. I don't much like the dark.

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

^^^ im exactly the same nice to know im not alone

3. Erin

Erin Member

o'h i know

if i wake up in the dark i will flip out... im scared that a white face will be in my face and just scream at me i can see it in my head.
    everything moves in the dar. i hate not being able to see infront of me.
    i cant look out a window when its dark outside im can see a crazy man holding my mums or dads severd head by their hair and just giving me the crazest look.... awwwwwwwwwww awwwwwww

4. luna99

luna99 Member

when I was younger (11/12) I'd wake up in the middle of the night after having had a nightmare and walk into my parents bedroom... I had to walk through a long hallway and it would be so dark, I can remember looking out into the hallway and seeing these "shapes" just floating around.. sorta like shadows that were darker or lighter than the darkness itself..and I'd have to tell myself "It's just my imagination... it's just my imagination" and suck it up in order to walk through the hallway to get to my parents room...

5. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

man yeah. though im fine if im not alone.. but yeah, ill only be really safe if im in bed, but if i have all the lights on its ok, but its all horrible if i see icky things before bed... like looking at like abused prisoner pictures and stuff.. cause i feel i have to look at that sort of things so i know what is going on in the world.. i shouldnt before bed...

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

ahh the fear of what we dont know.

reminds me of an iron maiden song, fear of the dark.

7. Legend

Legend Member

I Used To Be Afraid Of The Dark Until I Went Out Camping With My Family, I Was 12, I Woke Dad And Told Him I Needed To Go To The Toilet And Ghosts Were Gonna Get Me, He Said "Its Not Dead People You Have To Worry About Its The Live Ones"... It Was About 3 In The Morning... Wasnt Gonna Piss Myself For No Scary Things That Run Around In The Dark! Ever Since Then, I Can Do Anything, Go Anywhere In The Dark!

8. KiraBear

KiraBear Member

I am afraid of the dark.Not only must I have a light on.. a tv also.Just a stereo or a night light does not work.I must hear voices ,people talking and a full overhead light on in order to sleep.If I go to sleep and someone turns the TV or light off..I will instantly wake up..normally.If I am not able to wake up from fatigue ,I will have nightmares.It's strange though because I can sit alone in a dark room with no light source and just think but as far as sleeping in the dark.. no.Too traumatising .

9. kier

kier I R Baboon

good song that too

i used to be scared of the dark, but only if i was on my own...i lost my fear when i was with this kid who was about 5....and i felt comfortable...and just thought WHAT THE FUCK? and ever since then im fine :)

i used to be afraid of it for short periods though, as after a while i'd get used to it. still, if im out and about on my own and returning home or wherever im staying i sometimes run the last stretch for the adrenaline rush!

10. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I don't know if I was afraid of the dark when I was younger, but it did give me some creepy feelings.

11. xZx

xZx Member

hmm im strange then, i love the dark, dont much like pitch black but the dark is gud, its kinda comfortable somehow, makes me feel safe, especially at night in moonlight and starlight. i think im just a creature of the night muhahahahahaha! lol

12. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

I LOVE THE DARK :D I love just sitting htere... it gives me a feeling of security like nothing can or will hurt me... oh I love it :D

13. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

I seem to get paranoid when I have to walk home every night in a dark ravine. I could easily go around it but it would take me an extra 15 minutes. I have had funny moments in that ravine at night though. My brother and I were coming back from a party and we were kinda just walking not really talking. We hear "Beware! I'm the talking tree! turn back now!" and I looked up at the tree where I thought the voice was coming from and my brother just says
    "you're just some guy who manages his time by hanging around up in trees alone at 2:30...you're wearing a white shirt man come on I can see you!" and the guy says
    "woah! night vision!" and than just falls out of the tree and gets up and walks away.

My brother and I just started laughing after like who the hell was that?! :p

14. cousinit

cousinit Member

I like goiing out for walks alone in woods at night (moonlight) with no falshlight. this freeks my mom and grandma out

I did get freeked out once though, couldnt help but think somthing was tracking me. About half way back from a walk I heard heard a bit of rustling, I would stop moving and the noise would stop. then Id start walking again and minute or so later id hear something mooving again, this happend a few times. The aria I go to dose have cougars and bears.

Turns out was beeing tracked by an animal. the neibors stupid dog (bubba) followed me the whole way. He showed himself when i got back to road. Bubba is a purebred black lab, largest pick of the litter, and one friendliest dogs ive ever met. but with his black coat theirs no way in hell id ever spot him in the dark.

15. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

I'm nictiphobic, myself... We are a very small portion of the population... 8% I believe...

Yes, things move in the dark... Things visit me in the dark... Yeah... Scary...

Having cats helps. :)

16. Terra

Terra Member

I am extremely afraid of dark. I always was. But this fear became even bigger after a terrible insomnia I had few years ago. Most people make fun of this when I tell them but they don't know what's it like to be awake all night when you don't want to be awake :(

17. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

im horribly scared of the dark....not so much outside dark, but inside dark scares the hell out of me. when the power goes out at night, it takes all effort for me to NOT cry. I was honestly sooo shy about admitting this, im excited that other people are scared of the dark too! :D when i was little i would always see shit in the dark, and @ my old house, i couldnt even walk down the little hall from the living room to the bathroom if it was dark, i would make my mom walk with me.

18. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

alrighty thats good to know because i am also very freaked out about shit like that. i also have a little routine when i go to bed and i make sure a light is always on and then once i get into my bed, i put my hand out really fekkin quick and shut off the light. hahaha. its odd because i'm slightly clausterphobic,but since i was like 7 i havn't been able to sleep without the covers over my head. even in the summer i have to have a ton of blankets and they have to cover my head .ahahh. even if i sweat to death. yep. so we're all strange.

19. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Yea, the dark gives me the heeby jeebies also, but only when I'm all alone. If there is someone else in the room with me then I'm fine, but other wise I sleep with christmas lights on that I have hanging in my room. They light up the room, but not so much that I can't sleep. I'm also afraid when I'm driving home alone in the dark. EEEEEK! It's creepy!!!!!!
    Peace,
    Moonjava

20. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

The dark is scary, I think everyone is scared of it to some extent. It's just the fear of not knowing what is there...
    I myself find the dark exciting though. I like being scared, it's a thrill for me.