i'm 17 and i'm going to Italy...

Discussion in 'Italy' started by yatoldmeso, Jun 22, 2008.

1. yatoldmeso

yatoldmeso Member

Hey so in a few days i'm going to be traveling in italy and I just have a few questions relating to the drinking age and smoking age. Now as of now, i've heard that the drinking age is 18. However, people have told me that this law is not strictly enforced. Now i'm not interested in getting completely wasted but just being able to buy a brew every now and then. So i'm asking you guys where can i purchase alcohol in Italy? I'll be in lake como, Tuscany, and Rome.

Thanks so much,

yatoldmeso:)

2. sere

sere Guest

Hi!I'm Serena and I'm Italian. In every part of Italy you can drink. You can drink and it's not so important the age you have...you can have 15 years old and you can buy what tipe of bier o wine or alcoolic drink you want. Sorry for my english...!

3. YourRuca911

YourRuca911 Member

That's bad ass! I'm going to Italy this summer and I'm 15 :)
    helll yeah :)

4. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

Yeah in mainland Europe the drinking age isnt really enforced so much in any country...wish Ireland was the same :(, hitched across Europe with three friends last year when I was 17 and could drink fine anywhere, pubs or buying in shops.

:cheers2:

5. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

my sister said wine is 5 bucks a bottle there she said she was going to try and take some back with her. I said you need to be careful taking that back with you so you won't have a big mess in your suitcase with how they throw your stuff around

6. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

If they won't sell it to you in one shop just go to another.