Illinois police threaten kill dogs marijuana legalized

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by deleted, May 8, 2018.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This is so stupid... Retire them maybe, kill them? No.

tumbling.dice and Orison like this.
  3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That’s bullshit! That’s not their only option! :( That shouldn’t even be an option.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2018
    Orison likes this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You know they have nothing when they say "but the dogs".So you care about all the dogs who get shot during raids for doing nothing but barking at intruders? I don't think you do.

It's true they are programed to smell weed but to them it's a game. It's you the human cops who make it a crime. In a world with legal weed those dogs will be fine. They will just think lots of people have something that will get them pets and treats.

Orison likes this.
  5. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

That is ridiculousness. My little town would take a few for sure. We already have Black Chevy Tahoes for unit vehicles. A few thousand a piece to retro back compartment for K9. Done deal.

We'd get the K9, tactical equipment ect....

At this moment our town has a donation jar at the station to save up for a k9 dog and Kevlar.

I'm callin' the chief.
    I'll drive the 100+ miles to pick them up.
    FREE

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Even if cannabis is legal. Its not to say the suspect with cannabis, is not concealing heroin or meth as well.
    Im beginning to think this some high level trolling on the police dept part..

McFuddy and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I was thinking the same. You said it better than I could've.

8. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

The Cop's are just being honest about how they'll spend all the free time they will suddenly have on their hands once they cant harass people over a "nothing" thing as they sure wont refocus on chasing down rapists, murderers or other shitstains that might actually leave them with good reason to "fear for their lives" during the course of their duty,,,

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

true, if they can't go around killing people who have some weed in their trunk, they have to get their kill quota in somehow.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I read once that police and military dogs are put to sleep when they retire too because they are deemed unsafe for general population. The only thing I can think of to justify this (I haven't read it but saw comments on Facebook) is that of a ex drug sniffer smells drugs it /might/ become aggressive? But then they're taught to sit and woof, so I'm not certain.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  11. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

My grandfather had a former police dog, German Shepard named Rex. Beautiful dog that nipped me once when I was 5, never broke skin when I accidentally stepped on his tail. Loved Rex. When he nipped me he laid down right away and was humble, regretted it, you could tell in his reaction to it, it was just him and I when it happened. Years later a cousin of mine, teenager at the time locked Rex in a shed to raid my grandmothers garden of strawberries. She was on a farm. Rex didn’t forget, she no longer could cut through my grandparents property as Rex was stalking her. One day she cut through thinking Rex was inside and he attacked her. Tore all the skin off one arm. Rex was then put down.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Damn. I don't even know what to say to this story.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well they obviously don't 'have to' anything.
    this is one of those, "a cat girl will die every time you say you don't hate logic" or some such,
    by someone who doesn't like the idea of ending the prohibition on the herb.

no idea if the someone or some several is actually in or has power and influence.
    i'm not going to read the story. world is full enough of insane crap by haters already.

14. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

I have mixed feelings on what happened to Rex. Blame my cousin for what happened. Prior to that locking in the shed Rex and her had a fine relationship. It was like he had been betrayed in his trust of her and didn’t forget. He was super smart. Like any animal you know their personality and she knew it.

Police dogs are not trained to be social, neither are drug sniffing dogs. I had a dog growing up that was previously abused and was a guard dog. He adopted us before we adopted him. We knew our dog and made him a part of the family, pack. Instinctively he was protective of us and we had to be careful when around others. There were things you could not do. Don’t smile at him and don’t stare him down. Don’t chew gum, etc. he didnt like the popping noise it made and not sure why. He never bit anyone because control of him was a must at all times when walking with him. No one could come through the door uninvited, sometimes we had to put him in a room as some people he just didn’t accept in no matter what. We had to introduce people to him before they could come in the door. Was a great dog that we never raised a hand to.

Those dogs that will be put down would need a very conscientious owner if adopted and can’t just go to anyone.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They are trained to attack and dislike anyone who is not the cop controlling him. They are also known to be abused. The kind of person who "fears for his life" and kills suspects is the type of person to be upset and nervous around their animal. A cop was just relived of his duty here because he was abusing his dog on dash cam because the dog would not indicate there was drugs in a car.

Without the dog doing that the cop can not search the car per US law.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe there was no drugs in the car?
    I get all the rest you're saying though.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.