Illegal cannabis

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by fabvio82, Jan 15, 2005.

1. fabvio82

fabvio82 Member

Hi guys,
    I am an italian guy and I'll come to Amsterdam in April. It is true that cannabis will be illegal? It is very important for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. beezwax

beezwax Member

i hope not

3. WE1

WE1 Member

The Dutch are far to realistic and pragmatic to outlaw an extreamly successful business that adds millions of euros a year to there economy. And,even more important is the fact that the Dutch cannabis trade employs hundreds and effects thousands of hard working tax paying Dutch citizens throughout the Neatherlands. So the answer is,not a chance....:)

4. Timmaniac

Timmaniac Member

all bullshit

5. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Narcotics--The use of narcotic drugs is officially illegal in the Netherlands, but Amsterdam allows the sale in licensed premises of up to 5 grams (.2 oz.) of hashish or marijuana for personal consumption, and possession of 30 grams (1.2 oz) for personal use.

6. Old Hippie Dave

Old Hippie Dave Member

it has always been illegal.......but it is tollarated

smoke till ya puke..........brother

Later man
    OHD

7. USCpisces

USCpisces Member

Old Hippie Dave--- are you sure about that? I know that Holland has one of the most liberal governments ever, but I honestly thought that it was legal-- I don't think they could have the huge Cannibus Cup festival if it were against the law. That would make the government look super hypocritical. Hmmmmm

- Ashleigh

8. moondance

moondance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Taken from the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs document on drug policy:

Although it is a statutory offence, coffee shops are not prosecuted for selling cannabis (up to 5
    grams per person per day), providing they observe strict rules. The aim is to protect cannabis users
    from exposure to more harmful drugs and prevent them from becoming marginalised. For instance,
    a client seeking to buy cannabis from an illegal dealer may be persuaded to buy hard drugs.
    Providing outlets where only cannabis may be sold keeps people away from more harmful drugs.
    The law prohibiting the possession or sale of hard drugs is strictly enforced.

http://www.holland.com/include/loadad.html?page=http://www.minbuza.nl/drugspolicy

9. WE1

WE1 Member

The coffeshops in Amsterdam are licensed this means they are legal within the framework of dutch law to sell small amounts [5 grs per customer]of weed and hash to adults over 18. The coffeshops throughout the rest of the Neatherlands operate under a grey area of tolerance. With many different restrictions being placed on them according to local government rules,laws and customs . Some towns and villages do not even offer marijuana or hash for sale in there coffeeshops because it is forbidden by local law. And,I'll be back to my second home in a few days,Bye..:)

10. USCpisces

USCpisces Member

Aiight. Good to know... thanks for clearing that up for me.

- Ashleigh