If you will write a book, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Children's Books' started by mariaalony, Jul 27, 2013.

1. mariaalony

mariaalony Guest

I would like to know your ideas if you will write a book for your children. What would it be? What target age will you concentrate with? :daisy:

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

A young wizard boy who goes to a special school.
    It would be very dramatic.

3. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Already been done, Piaf. :p

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Can't share my brilliant concept as it would surely be stolen if shared online :p

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I started writing a kid's book about a group of sentient trees in the forest who were being cut down by loggers and decided to fight back. I stopped writing it because my friend read it and burst out laughing. She said it was way too dark for children. In my defense, Harry Potter aka Piaf's book was also very dark and it was aimed towards children, initially at least. A lot of kid's books are really dark, actually. Maybe I should resume writing. It was aimed towards older kids.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

True, Roald Dahl for one freaked me out with more than one book as a kid. Would not wanted to miss them when looking back though :biggrin:

7. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

the darker the book as a kid, the more i liked it, i don't imagine much has changed since i was one. seems to have been pretty much a constant.

"Fair seed-time had my soul, and I grew up Fostered alike by beauty and by fear"

or an even more pretentious quotation, if you prefer :p

8. mariaalony

mariaalony Guest

Sounds like Harry Potter! Oh, your story will be more special.

9. mariaalony

mariaalony Guest

I think young kids are more open-minded these days. Oh, I hope I can have a free copy of your book. I'll make a review if you want. :) Good luck!

10. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

I've always wanted to write an "adventure" book for my state. Things to do and free places to check out. I know that there are a few out there, but I feel like I can do better. Most books of that nature list places you could find out about at the local brochure booth or Chamber of Commerce. I want to list places off the beaten path.

11. mariaalony

mariaalony Guest

I think you're making a difference. Your ideas will surely help to boost other unfamiliar places, which can be tourist spots soon.