If you were the leader of America, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Inquiring-Mind, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

What policies would you implement?

If I was, I think I would be assassinated in mere months or weeks. I would be so anti-capitalism, anti-authority, anti-status quo, pro-environment.

I would make too many enemies. I would piss of the religious right, the capitalists, the elites and so many more my days will be numbered.

2. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

I'm thinking..... scandal

3. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Well if I had the ability to change policy and the support form congress to push through the changes then I would:

Totally restructure the educational system, by 8th grade you would be done with school and going into college classes to direct you into your choosen career paths

Mandate every one of 18 years of age be apart of our military until age 40 even the disabled could play a part, office work ect, in return free college

National Health Care, doctors who recieved federal money to go to school would be forced to accept low income patients same for dentists ect.

Reforms for the unemployed, would go back to the Rosevelt times of work for your pay check, cleaning parks ect. Must put in a days work for a days pay

Hold people accountable for thier mistakes. Police officer commits a crime or shoots the wrong person he shall be held on a higher accountability than others as he is a "professional"

Alot more fast track death penalty prison for a crime, you continue to commit crimes in there, your dead. Also if you serve your time upon release your start off clean, no bs following ya your debt to society was paid already.

for elections equal time for media, ect so even the poor could try to run for office. Media is already regulated by the goverment so yup!

Go back to being a neutral country

Zero attack tolerence policy, you mess with us, we destroy you, and not care who we kill in the process becuase we will own you when we are done, it shall be the conqured country of the US

Yup I see a short career and a swift death for me if I was there, lol

4. questing400

questing400 Senior Member

I would first annex Canada and Mexico. Then I would nuke Iran, North Korea, and China all at once so one no one has a chance to retaliate.

I would send in troops to take over Cuba.

I would then send in troops to walk into France and claim it as the 53rd state (Canada and Mexico are 51 and 52 respectively.

That's pretty much it, though.

Nothing too radical.

But the end result? Many more American flags all over the world. And isn't that what life is all about?

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

And I thought hitmen would have me dead fast, you better do all your work from Colorado, lol

6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'd resign without delay

7. fritz

fritz Heathen

Shoot myself.

8. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I'm the leader in my own life...can't do any worse of a job at that then alot of leaders have running this country

9. questing400

You don't see a difference between running your life and running the life of 300 million people?

10. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

hahaha...if u want to live my life for 4 yrs, go ahead you'll end up with white hair faster then the president & probably just as many people ready to say your nuts

11. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Major difference... screwing up my life isn't as likely to draw the murderous ire of vast populations and inspire extremists to become militant.

12. questing400

Well, if you screw it up like Hitler it might.
    But my point was just that living your life is far more simpler than running a country. Or even running a company, or even a family.
    When you only have to answer to yourself, everything's easy.

13. questing400

I always find it funny to look at pictures of presidents throughout their terms and see how the white hair just seems to take over.
    I also have plenty of white hair and I'm only 28. But I don't think a vast majority of the world thinks you or me are nuts!

14. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

well some people can't even handle running their own lives...they end up asking parents/spouse/bosses/friends/neighbors to either do the most trivial personal things or it would never get done.

15. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

The world would be a nicer place if more people shared your white-knuckle death grip on the obvious.

16. questing400

that's true

17. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Sell off foreign land with no strategic value to bring down debt.

Impose fines on businesses that have unreported foreign holdings.

Impose massive fines on companies that do business in countries that employ slave labor.

Get rid of the penny.

Universal healthcare.

Fund border security more, allow infinite numbers of work visas.

Try and resolve a withdrawl of Iraq that woudn't leave the country in anarchy.

End export subsidies.

Fund African Union with supplies and troops for a universal decleration of human rights.

Increase USAID budget.

Theres more too, but I'm too lazy to type it out.

18. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I'd mess it up; I just know it. I'd change a whole lot of stuff like rules that we really need like I make it so Stevie Wonder could have a drivers license but only be allowed to drive in the dessert doing the day. I'd charge $5000 fine to anyone who harasses over-weight people for eating at buffets. I'd have an island away from everybody and everything just for pedophiles. I’d institute a countrywide ban on cigarettes. (If you want to smoke you'd have to go to France and then fly back when you're finished. Parents that allow their children to scream an run lose in malls should be made to come to Williamsburg and get in the wooden thing with the head and hand holes and allow people to throw tomatoes at them. Every nationality gets a holiday for the person that did something special that contributed to the good of America. Tax people coming in to the country and stop-taxing people already here. I'll add more later.

19. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Let's see:

• Decriminalize Victimless “Crimes” - We are wasting vast amounts of taxpayer funds on “crimes” which are nothing more than “immoral” offenses and do not cause any harm to anyone else--i.e. no victim. Law enforcement are already overworked and underpaid, and a lot of these laws are excessive and unconstitutional. The people don’t need to be harrassed anymore by do-gooders legislating private morality.

• Protect The Environment - Encouraging more recycling, placing heavier fines for littering, rewarding more businesses that create and use biodegradeable material, and exploring the uses for industrial hemp (like our Founding Fathers) will make a great step in helping to stop the deteriorating global village.

• End Prohibition - It didn’t work back then, and it isn’t working today. The government couldn’t stop one drug during prohibition, what makes them think they can stop 178 today?
    After spending trillions of dollars, overcrowding the prison system, not making a dent in crime, funding the black market, and wasting half the century “getting tough”, it’s now time to “get smart”.
    Decriminalization, regulation, taxation, and licensing help to end the “war” on drugs and lower crime.

• Reform Healthcare - The time for more healthcare reform (regulation or tax option or both) is now. The outrageous costs of receiving medical treatment and medication is one of the leading causes of personal bankruptcy (which is increasing every year).
    If these ridiculous costs are not dealt with, the government must step in and issue a tax optional healthcare plan for all. Healthcare should no longer be a luxury for “those who afford it”.

• End The Patriot Act - This final suggestion is one that must go in order to insure the civil liberties of all Americans. The “Patriot Act” has served its purpose and much more than that apparently.
    With the rights and liberties of thousands suffering under the draconian tenets of the Patriot Act, we must push for the end of the entire Act or, at least, those basic tenets which violate the U.S. Constitution (which would be the majority).

• Campaign Finance Reform - The qualifications for public office seem very simple. For instance, to run for President, one must “...be a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.” However, it is apparent that these qualities alone aren’t going to work. As a matter of fact, if you are not loaded with pockets full of money or in with the right people, you don’t have a snowball’s chance in...well...nevermind. You get the picture.
    We need to push for a law prohibiting all corporate entities from contributing to campaign expenses, set a cap on campaign spending and look into more individual and public funding to insure a “fair and balanced” democracy for all people not just a select few.

• Build Alliances - I'd try to reform a respectful relationship with our allies and attempt to gain some support in order to get out of the quagmire that MUSH has gotten us into.

• Human Rights & Civil Liberties - I'd go strictly in the best interest of these two philosophies.

20. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Well, if I were running America (or another country) I would reform it as such:

Take 50% of the military's budget and reinvest it in the education system. I would make college and university more affordable for people who want to and deserve to go.

Welfare and social assistance would have a time limit, to avoid having people depend on welfare as they already do, like 5 years or so. After that, you're on your own.

As far as dependance on gasoline and cars, I would want to implement a 3 or 4 year plan to revise all the cars on the road and being sold to energy-efficiant cars that aren't reliable on gasoline. Solar powered homes would be built, and recycling and composting would be required in every home.

Organic farming would be put into place. A higher standard on equal education would be implimented. There are too many kids graduating highschool who are illiterate, and that needs to be changed.

Also, health care would be less expensive and more accessable. Relying on foreign markets for basic raw materials would be reduced, but rather encourage local industry to provide for the country.

Immigration laws would be stricter - not necessarily to exclude people, but to ensure that more immigrants actually have jobs instead of resort to social assistance, because that's happening MUCH too often.