If You Want The Truth About The 60s

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by robspace2, Jul 2, 2006.

1. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

Yea' there are actually some of us that were there in San francisco from the beginning-and to all of my long lost brothers and sisters from that time--I say hi glad ya made it~--Are you healthy and happy to be here?-I am-If someone told me 30 years ago that I would make it this far I would have laughed at them-no way!---I am a tree hugging; Earth loving free Democrat that still believes in people and I have kept a positive outlook on life-It helps that I play music as any art form is a great stress reliever for yourself and those around you-if your-any good-everybodys good at something-so-hey kids -don't give up make it a better world whenever possible-Try to stay clear headed and vote for the right people--over and out-

2. Peacenik

Peacenik Member

Hi there. :)
    I know this thread has been dead for a very long time, but if you were willing to take the time I'd love to hear about some of your experiences during the 60's and 70's.

3. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

30 years ago i was in Amsterdam and Paris....I used to play my guitar and flute (in the streets of Amsterdam or in the Paris subway) to get some money for food.

4. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

Peacenik-My posts are all over the place here somewhere-happy to answer any of your questions-I have kids too-we all need to be taught -it's how it works-------Crosslight-WOW- I may have jammed with you in Amsterdam!-ya never know-me and my partner Dave were there in 1970-and we played on the streets too-he playes guitar -I play the flute sax and blues harp--funny-but true-we were standing there playing Honkey Tonk women at this outdoor mall when guess who walks by?-The Stones!!--They were in town for a concert that night-man I was embarrased cuz we were probably destroyin their song-haah-O-well they stopped and listened for a minute so that was great-Amsterdam-VERY NICE!

5. Gitmo Dave

Gitmo Dave Member

Haven't traveled the world like some. Tried to be a 'good' hippie and be true to what I understood to be what was 'good' about it.

Found myself in Berkeley in the summer of 1970. That was fun while it lasted. Gave up on drugs as being good for what I used to think they were good for. Enjoy a clear head now. I like remembering things so I find out.

Still feel that the way of life I embraced back then, of respecting and caring for others is better than what is being passed along now.

6. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

yay! i want to have sex with all you old fart hippies to share in the love

7. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Why do you "tree-hugging" idiots insist upon using that term? I kill what I eat, see animals as our meat-slaves and have ne regrets over either killing my own or indirectly paying for others to do my dirty work.

I sleep quite well at night.

Grow up.

(P.S.): I love old trees also-- that is not to say smaller, immature, pussy trees shouldn't be harvested, cut-up, chipped, and made into newspaper upon which bra ads may be printed, so young boys may get their sex education free.

8. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

My fucking God! Somehow I missed Molly"s invitation to have sex with "old fart hippies"!

Christ, I must be getting either stupid or lacksadaisical. Enough vodka to float a Coast Guard cutter hasn't renderered me stupid, so I guess I'm just getting to the age (59), where poontang doesn't mean so much anymore.

The women I would love to fuck are either dead (50%) or married (50%).

I still, dead or married, treasure them when they weren't.

9. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

haven't been called an old fart in a long time ...now they mostly call me "young fella " which means i'm really getting old

10. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

"Old farts" is a term that really attach to OLDHIPPIRE (That was a typo, but HIPPYRE or HIPPIRE, sounds just cooly right! Hippies were a nest of foolish sheep that vampirically lived from "The Establishment".

However, they changed things NOT A GODDAMNED WHIT!

11. HonorSeed

HonorSeed Senior Member

Who cares if things change around me, all I need to do is change myself. You aint old till you live to be a 100. I don't care who ya are, I don't wanna have sex with you. I just bought an electric guitar and practiced outside yesterday for hte first time sitting in a comfortable chair I yanked out onto a piece of rug next to the firepit for the rest of the summer. I learned the C and G chord. Gave up on drugs cuz they are a spiritual placebo. Don't vote cuz I consider myself a sovereign country on my private land.

peace, joy, sleep and rest
    Honor SEED

12. tundrahopper4

tundrahopper4 Member

Hi all;
    "The Hippies"-whoever they were-did bring about a huge amount of change in modern American society. Not all of it good-but mostly so in my opinion. Jerry Ruben was giving a retrospect back on Seventies TV and he was saying something about how before the countercultural movement most US citizens viewed their lives within the context of their jobs and careers. Not the whole story folks! The sixties were some pretty high times economically and it was possible to "live off the fat of the land" as it were. So a lot of us did-living in HIppietown, backpacking through the world, playing guitars and etc. It was a great adventure. Now my actual birthday was in the fifties-but I look at things different. My real birthday was back in 1970 when I hitchhiked back into town after an LSD binge with some good friends in Western Wisconsin. I was reborn.
    Tundrahopper

13. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

You got that right! sure---got that right!--Tundra I don't know if you were in California and Hippytown was SF or not-if so-did you catch alot of the groups comin through the Fillmore or the Avalon-? Your talkin about livin bein easy but remember before they had food stamps the government handed out bulk food once a month-wheat flour-corn syrup(real hard on teeth) bulgar-powdered eggs-(yummy w/ that canned spam stuff-mystery meat-and powedered milk-Owell-that stuff kept alot of people alive as the streets of San Francisco were overflowing with colorful-crazy people comin in from all over the world-man-talk about wild times-and just how many mikes was that purple haze?

14. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

250 miks a hit Rob. on the average.

15. HonorSeed

HonorSeed Senior Member

jus wondering shameless, was purple haze and window pane different..........did 1/4 hit of window pane made in Montana and it seemed like a lot of mikes, have any idea?

stories of smuggling and other drug stuff
    http://www.budlife420.com/bookreviews/v2e2index.html

[​IMG]

16. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

Thanks Shameless-Actually it never really mattered much -It all worked!--No matter what the name of the day was ' it just always seemed to be very strong-especially if a guy named Owsley was involved--wow-fell off a cable car once going up a steep hill-I layed in the middle of the street on the tracks laughin my ass off-yea-it worked!

17. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

HonorSeed--glad ta hear your clean and sober-I have 5 years in now and I love it-Like you said that stuff was good then but there comes a time for change-

18. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

A 'Dose" of LSD as far as I know was 250 micrograms. I really don't know if they made 1,000 mics bc not many people could handle that much acid at one time. Hell, people were freekin' out on 250, any stronger was not safe for first time users.

We would sometimes drop two or three 'hits' and tripped to Ravi Shankar or Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention. Or go to the woods and lay a blanket down and become the universe with Timothy Leary and the Brotherhood of Eternal Light from Laguna.

I haven't 'done' any LSD for 30 yrs. I learned what I needed from it and it opened my mind to the universeal flow of Karma and showed me things that allowed me growth and learned lessons. I would porlly freek out if I took any now. I would never look in the looking glass again. The old Hare would be too fat to travel down the hole. heh heh.

I really don't want to 'know' anymore I 'know' too much as it is. I'm conscious of everything in my 'Dreamstate' and dare no venture to far as to lose my way back. To much interference now-a-daze. I have my Herbs and that's enough for me. I have a few drinks now n then, but even that is not what it use to be.

I suppose I'm just an ole fuddy duddy now, living quietly in the piney woods. I still see colors and patterns when I am one with nature. Not a Flashback but a remanence that stayed with me. I still have a connection with Creator that I found when I was in the foothills of Majetic Canyon in So Cali chanting my Mantra to myself.

I hold all these experiences and their lessons and use them in my healing work. I've learned to look past the shell and look inside and find the 'Nut' heh heh.

Brightest Blessings
    sh

19. wandering_okie

wandering_okie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In my experience HS, (and like Shameless, it's been a while) pane and haze were just "better" product. Hell, you never knew where the "usual blotter" had been...maybe in the glove compartment or something. Although, I must say...I did enjoy some "freakin exceptional" blotter from time to time in the late seventies..early eighties. Yeah, usually acid was 250 "mikes"
    IMHO, seems that the guys that produced the "better acid" had better "gear" (and better habits probably)

20. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

In San Francisco at least from 65' to 67' when it was made illegal; Owsley was the number 1 cook in the bay area and his stuff was rocket fuel-very strong and awholelotta colors-real nice-I did it from 66' til 70' and like OH said-enough is enough -there is a point of saturation with acid-and more then any other drug; it is the last one you want to abuse-cuz it can bite ya!