If you think you are free

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joshua Van, Mar 4, 2020.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

That's a tough question what is true freedom, I just think government has grown way to big and abusive and needs to GTFO of our lives.

Freedom is to do what you want as long as your not harming anyone.

Joshua Van likes this.
  2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

3. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

And what keeps people honest and not hurting people?

snowtiggernd likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If you're still free
    Start RUNnING AWaaY!
    'CUZ THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU!

5. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Just realized no one harms more people than the tobacco industry?

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

McDonalds is trying to...

snowtiggernd likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. Joshua Van

Joshua Van JoshuaMN

the only laws that should exist are the one surrounding direct physical harm or property damage. while i find mental abuse to be disturbing if your feelings get hurt that should never involve law enforcement. The only person who should ever be ably to file charges is the victim. the government should not be allowed to press charges on you on their own. for example as this is a naturist friendly forum i or you should be able go any were we want to naked if we chose if seeing a naked human offends you you need to fix you not try to fix me

Nudegardner likes this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Some folks be lost..

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

upload_2020-3-4_22-36-6.jpeg

No was just posting too many in a row.

People harm themselves and we don't need the state up our ass about it.

[​IMG]

America is the only non Muslim country in the world that does the show ID show me your papers bullshit.

Can I see some ID ? A real American says F off.

Orison and Joshua Van like this.
  11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

That's a tough one nudity. Thats asking a lot from people. Your right though government should stay out of it.

I know with going barefoot their are no laws against it but there is society pressure for sure. Been asked to leave a few places for not wearing shoes.

Can't ask government to coerce acceptance either though. Someone is out with their kids and gets upset over nudity do you want government to protect you from their reaction ?

Society's pressure is a bitch. Just the pressure to wear shoes.

So as a liberty first person I would say that people also have the right to reject nudity.

This is a tough one to reply too.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Freedom always raises the questions "from what" and "to do what"? What is it you want to do, and what do you think is holding you back.? I'm glad there are laws against bank robbery, mugging, rape, homicide, etc,, even though they might prevent me from fulfilling my darkest desires. In fact, I support more such restrictions, not less, and don't feel at all unfree that I can't do those things that I don't really want to do anyway. The rules protect me from private individuals who want to deprive me of my life, liberty & property. I'm delighted people like me have to get a license to drive a car, and are restricted in what I and they can do on our own property. Likewise, I'm glad there are laws regulating air and water pollution, working conditions, wages and workplace safety, even though they encroach on an employers' freedom to encroach on mine. I'm glad there are laws in my community against people letting their dogs run loose and shit on the sidewalk without picking up. I'm glad that I have to go through security checks before boarding a plane, because I think it's a reasonable inconvenience for my safety. I think of myself as relatively free because there's nothing I want to do that I can't. I have no desire to walk around nude on my property, engage in sex with my sister or an underage person, or marry another woman in additon to my wife. So I feel free as a bird to do whatever I want to do, and not to do what I don't. .

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    scratcho likes this.
  13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

William O. Douglas Quotes. The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all freedoms.

Check this out:

Your home is supposed to be your castle, regardless of whether you own it or rent it. You are free to leave dishes in the sink or clothes on the floor—unless you live in Golden Valley, Minnesota. This Minneapolis suburb has asked a state appellate court for a warrant to inspect the rental property of IJ clients Jason and Jacki Wiebesick to check that their tenants are literally keeping the house clean. If they are not, the Wiebesicks face fines. If you think this sounds like a violation of the Fourth Amendment, then you are correct. Now IJ and the Wiebesicks are fighting for more than just the right to leave dirty dishes in the sink—we are fighting for the fundamental right to be secure in your home and free from illegal government searches.

Jason and Jacki own and live in a duplex in Golden Valley. For decades they have rented out the unit next to their home. Jason and Jacki are extremely protective of their tenants’ privacy and when the city told them they needed to allow the rental unit to be inspected in order to keep their rental license, the Wiebesicks hesitated to let city officials in. The city demanded to inspect the unit without providing any evidence the rental unit was out of compliance with the city’s housing code. The Wiebesicks and their tenants have nothing to hide, but as a group they decided they did not want Golden Valley officials trampling through their bedroom and bathroom.

Instead of backing off, officials went to court—without telling Jason and Jacki or their tenants. The city tried to get a so-called administrative warrant rather than a criminal warrant. With an administrative warrant, the city did not need to prove that anything was wrong with the unit. This was not the first time the city had been sneaky. In 2012, city officials were successful in getting an administrative warrant against the Wiebesicks when former tenants also objected to an inspection. But this time, the judge refused to grant the city a warrant.

Golden Valley is not the only city in Minnesota to seek evidence-free administrative warrants to search rental homes. Cities including Minneapolis, St. Paul, Bloomington and Woodbury have been successful in getting administrative warrants for mandatory inspections. And they get away with this because the U.S. Supreme Court has previously ruled that the same standard of proof needed for police does not apply to housing inspectors, since the government is not looking for evidence of a crime.

Fortunately, in 2013, the Minnesota Supreme Court decided that the Minnesota Constitution may provide greater protections than those offered by the U.S. Constitution’s Fourth Amendment. Longtime readers may remember a similar IJ case in Red Wing, where the Court stated that although this relaxed standard for housing inspections is the rule under the federal Constitution, that may not be true for the Minnesota Constitution. The Court left open the possibility of resolving this issue in the future, and that could very well happen in this new rental inspections case.

Golden Valley has appealed the denial of its warrant application to the Minnesota Court of Appeals, and IJ is representing the property owners before the appellate court. The case will be argued this spring and may head to the state Supreme Court soon after. The Court will then resolve a crucial question: Is your home still your castle? As always, IJ will fight to get the answer right."

Now if you rent an apartment the government wants to force its way into your home and snoop around !! I guess they would smash in the door if you refuse to let them in your apartment.

All I did was search for the "right to be left alone" and found this story in the search results.

"St. Paul, Minn.—In a case of immense importance to renters and landlords across the state, the Minnesota Court of Appeals ruled today that the government can enter renters’ homes without any evidence anything is wrong with the home. Today’s decision allows government officials to barge into the most private confines of renters’ homes—including their bedrooms and bathrooms—even if renters or landlords object."

“Tenants should enjoy the same level of privacy in their homes as homeowners,” said Jason Wiebesick. “The city shouldn’t be able to force its way into innocent people’s homes.”

Minnesota Court of Appeals Upholds Unconstitutional Searches of Renters’ Homes - Institute for Justice

THAT is messed up. Government can stay the F out of my house.

Nudegardner and Joshua Van like this.
  14. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Some people just love bureaucracy. I can think of an ex- mayor who loved his bureaucracy so much he who would dream about bureaucracy at night as he would lie in bed.

15. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I hope some of the Marines on here see this one.

16. Joshua Van

Joshua Van JoshuaMN

this is the kind of shit that needs to be stooped at all costs

17. stormountainman

You must have squeezed the grey matter hard enough for smoke to come out for that insult, huh? You want me to post the Wiki leaks helicopter film of cowardly US troops as they killed innocent Iraqi civilians in downtown Baghdad? The film comes with a voice record so we could hear every word the Americans said.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like watching those thermal image videos

Looks like... Victory. :)

Joshua Van likes this.
  19. stormountainman

What you described is called "Moral Order Crimes" in criminal justice school. Charley Chaplin was arrested and charged with sodomy in Georgia after he admitted that he had oral sex with his own wife. It was a moral order crime because neither of them filed charges. It was the super duper social conservatives who wanted others to comply with their own morality.

Joshua Van and Nudegardner like this.
  20. stormountainman

I was right. Trump is protecting US Troops from International War Crimes Charges.