If you think you are free

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joshua Van, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Joshua Van

Joshua Van JoshuaMN

For those of us who think we live in free countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, ect.
    None of us are in any way free we have to gain permission for most things ie. if you have to get a license, permit, or any other government permission slip to do anything on your own property you are not free. If you can get arrested for growing or owning a plant you are not free. If you cant go naked in or on your property you are not free. If you can go to prison for possessing pictures of the human body you are not free. If any consensual sex act is illegal in your country you are not free. If paying for sex is a crime you are not free. If your government tells you who you can marry you are not free. If you pay have to pay taxes on land you supposedly own you are not free

I hear in my county the USA almost daily its a "free country" Or even worse "we are the freest country on earth" witch is total bull shit. we have given up freedom for safety. I just wounder how long we will live like this and how much more freedom we will give up before we do something about it

Any thought welcome?

Nudegardner likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

which

etherea and hotwater like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Piney likes this.
  4. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I'd like to quote Piaf (ex senior member of hf)

YouFreeMe likes this.
  5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I have always said the country with the most laws on the books is the least free. Laws are intended to regulate humans. The more laws you've got, the less free your are. America was a free country at one time, and is no more. Now it's a place of many privileges. 55 years ago I watched movies about young people like me who camped on the beaches of Florida and California, and watched them play a guitar and sing beside a beach bon-fire. Today, young people on the beach would get arrested for anything like that. In the southern states, being homeless is considered a crime. In Indiana you can't go to buy a car or a case of beer, because the Red Hat Christians want you to observe their religion. And these Red Hat Christians make the lop-sided laws. If you don't stand for their national anthem at the ball game, you will not be working as a quarterback any longer. If you attempt to use your freedom of speech in America, you'll be attacked by former military types.

snowtiggernd and Joshua Van like this.
  6. stormountainman

My reference above about buying a car in Indiana is intended to tell about Sunday Blue Laws.

Joshua Van likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. lode

lode Banned

I do what I want.

scratcho likes this.
  9. stormountainman

The government of Iraq told its people to provide their own lives to defend Iraq from the American oil thieves. Four and a Half Million Iraqis died defending their beautiful nation. Just last month Trump told Iraq he would keep their oil revenue if they demand US troops to leave. The money is in New York. American oil thieves is a realistic description. But Iraq will be free eventually.

Joshua Van likes this.
  10. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

The UK is free largely because the police are massively under-resourced............and in some ways I kinda like that!

11. Love living in Australia. Lived here all of my life.
    But you do have to fit in with our culture and our lifestyles.
    Just like when we all travel overseas you have to learn another language so that you can get help if they don't speak English.
    You have to make sure you aren't racist because racism gets you nowhere.

I'm pretty sure @ZenKarma our admin here knows a lot about countries he's travelled to and lived in.

soulcompromise likes this.
  12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I know whats going on.

You are allowed certain liberties – limited property ownership, movement rights, freedom of association and occupation – not because your government approves of these rights in principle – since it constantly violates them – but rather because “free range livestock” is so much cheaper to own and so more productive.

Sucks this video doesn't have more views.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Nudegardner, Bilby and Joshua Van like this.
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

You're telling me this why?..

14. Mate, your country is full of terriorists. That's why the USA and every other country frowns upon your country.

15. stormountainman

Because I can

16. Tyrsonswood

He is in the USA...

stormountainman likes this.
  17. stormountainman

What exactly makes you think Iraqis are terrorists? Isn't it true that the Hog Meat Eaters from America went there to steal oil?

18. lode

lode Banned

I wouldn't even bother.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  19. stormountainman

Thank you sir and my regards to everyone in the Buckeye state. I want you to know I donated money to Sherrod Brown.

20. Tyrsonswood

Yeah... I know