If you think you are anti-gun, and believe we have no right to guns

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by peacefuljeffrey, Jan 29, 2005.

1. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Then please go to this website. http://www.a-human-right.com/

There will be two choices, and you should choose the left one.

You'll be taken to a very interesting questionnaire whose purpose is simply to get you to think of the issue logically. It doesn't necessarily lean hard to push you to be pro-gun, but it certainly does lead you that way by pointing out the irrationality of a lot of anti-gun beliefs and arguments.

And by the way, I have a gun just like the one she's holding in the picture. :D

-Jeffrey

2. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

A HK ________?

I bought a my last .45 (P220) a few years too soon...

3. savethegibbons

savethegibbons Member

It doesn't make you think logically. What it does is push you into the own agenda with the limited question answers.

For instance.

"Ban the type of car used for the driveby shooting"
    "Ban the type of gun used for the driveby shooting
    "Prosecute the criminal"

This is obvious doctoring of the questions to lead someone to the conclusion they have specified. People in favour of gun control will realise that option 1 is no good, since the benefits of cars outweigh the negatives (according to their value judgements). Nor would they think that banning the TYPE of gun would fix things WITHOUT even punishing the criminal! Instead, it would be a combination of 2 and 3 (where 2 represents guns as a whole, not just X model/type of gun).

4. peacefuljeffrey

By doing that, it's making a point. I don't think it's trying to pretend it gives fair answer choices across the board. You have to grant that those kinds of answer choices are thought-provoking, but mostly they are designed to underscore the way ANTI-gun polls and articles frame the discussion in the same way...

-Jeffrey

5. peacefuljeffrey

Gibbon, what would banning the "type of gun" used in any given crime do, except ensure that the next crime would be committed with a different "type" of gun but a gun nonetheless? (And barring guns, knives or clubs.)

-Jeffrey

6. peacefuljeffrey

That's an HK USP (Universal Selfloading Pistol). Can't tell if that one is .40, .45 or 9mm. Mine's .40 and I love it.

-Jeffrey

7. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Which Variant?

If I had it to do again I'd buy a .45 Variant 7 although the P220 seems somewhat easier to conceal.

http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/handguns/usp.html

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Ridding the people of guns is part of the New World Order agenda. They want to make the people as powerless as possible, so when the big takeover comes, which it will, all you sheepish morons will be unable to defend yourselves and your families, which is exactly what they want.

I think everyone should own a gun.... for protection. That's just my opinion. I support people's 2nd Amendment rights as Americans to own guns.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Besides, gun control has proven not to work time and time again, which explains why the black market floods with illegal guns every time any major gun legislation is passed.

I say fuck gun control and fuck the New World Order agenda!

9. peacefuljeffrey

Thank you, Rat. My feelings exactly.

andcrs2, I forgot which actual number variant my USP is... I used to know it at some point. It has the safety-decocker lever and slide release on the left side, and it has the regular hammer, not the bobbed one. If I had to guess, since it's pretty much the "standard" kind of double-action pistol for right-handers, it might be simply Variant I.

Of course, now I have to go looking for my literature on it... :p

-Jeffrey

10. peacefuljeffrey

Yeah, according to your link, mine's Variant 1 like I thought.

I can't figure out why you would want it in Double Action Only, though. And with no safety/decocking lever?

I guess that would make it more or less like a Glock... but unlike a Glock, I think there's a big difference between a chambered USP in DAO and a Glock in the same condition. You'd have a striker realllly primed to fire in a DAO USP. A Glock's striker is not under nearly as much tension as a cocked, chambered USP is.

But maybe I'm under a false impression. If the USP is in DAO configuration, racking the slide would not leave the trigger in a single-action set position, it would be full forward (hence "DAO"). So maybe it would be in an identical condition to a Glock...

-Jeffrey

11. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Primary differences being the Glock has it's safety on the front of the trigger and a lighter DA pull even w/the New York setup.

DAs are nice as there should be only intentional discharges - no ooppps.
    Fine motor control is typically lost in times of high stresses hence the reason for heavier/longer trigger pulls.

DAO isn't that hard to master and prolly much safer for those who fire less than 1000's of rounds weekly.

I have a 640 Centennial
    .38 Spl +P+ DAO that fits well in the front pocket of my jeans.
    It's easier for me to stay w/one mode rather than switching w/each handgun.

12. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I had predetermined to pick the right one, just cuz I don't like to be told what I 'should' do. I ended up picking the right one cuz it was my honest choice.
    What kind of gun is that, 'peaceful?' jeffrey?
    I met a special forces sniper this year, with an armoury in his basement, lots of hi tech firearms, and he told me about this new UK rifle the SAS has, that his buddy just got given, it is only used by the SAS, very rare, very custom.
    The ol' M60 machinegun would do just fine for me, with its 700 rounds per minute when set on burst, and then maybe a pair of H & K semi auto 9 mm's with laser sights, suppressors, & banana clips, in flat black, & then my last gun wish would be a Glock ceramic/plastic composite for when I am travelling, and need to be discreet.
    And maybe someday, my own fuel/air bomb.

13. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

A well regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free state; the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

14. ImaginativeName

ImaginativeName Member

I don't pretend to know much about guns, so I’m confused

seems to me that when people talk about guns they talk about protection. You can't illegalize guns because those who might want to attack you will still own theirs. Why not illegalize the selling of bullets, and limit the law of how many bullets can be owned? Stands to that reason those who never use them will own theirs long after those who fire at people all day long. More bullets can always be bought illegally, but at least a shortage results in people being more careful of whom they fire at. Automatic weapons would be a hideous waste of money

In the UK; we have strict licensed gun ownership laws for hunters etc. You can still buy a real gun in the city, but because they're harder to come by you're much less likely to be shot.

Or at least that's the way it seems. My point’s probably hideously flawed, but I’m interested in why

P.S. the web site is riddled with implied suggestion. Not that a lot of anti gun campaigns are much different I’d imagine...

15. Xac

Xac Visitor

limiting bullets would piss off hunters and 'sport shooters'. i guess you cant ban guns in America because you all hate eachother but im just glad there arent guns where i live, otherwise i may have deemed it necessary to use one already (not knowing if my attacker was armed or not).

i dont like guns one bit but if i did live in America i do admit i'd have one.

16. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

And Monkeys do too (If they've got a gun).

Holly

17. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Are you suggesting some Folks should be confined?
    Should we outlaw Monkeys?

In all seriousness, it still sounds like an operator problem.

Thanks for your continued pro-firearm support.

18. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

it's a quote from Eddie Izzard...

basically, guns DO kill people! They help in the effort at least! I mean, just standing there screaming "Bang, bang ratata boom!"...That's not going to kill anyone!

Holly

19. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

whatever. i'm a hunter. i don't support the cattle industry and their disgusting practices. i also spend many nights alone. frankly, i'm hoping that if some asshole breaks into my house he brings a knife to a gun fight. i know the cops aren't going to be able to protect me.

20. TenCentArcade

TenCentArcade Banned

Simpsons did it.