If You Could Choose Your Afterlife

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by lunarflowermaiden, Apr 4, 2007.

1. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

If you had the ability to choose what happened during your afterlife, what would you choose and why? If you would choose something other than what is on the poll, explain your answer in your post.

2. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

reincarnation... :)

3. bluflame

bluflame Member

me too

4. Skerb

Skerb Member

paradise.. how can you do better? also, i don't want to reincarnate and forget about this life and i want the chance to meet beethoven etc...

5. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I grew up with parents who believed in reincarnation, so I've been with that belief all of my life. It just makes sense to me.

6. Ovimor

Ovimor Member

I voted heaven/afterlife (well, I'd stay there if I could), but I do believe I reincarnation quite firmly.

an old Irish Blessing says, "May you spend ten minutes in Heaven, before the Devil knows your dead."

7. Pixieface

Pixieface Member

reincarnation i wanna come back as an oak tree or a republican so i can understand what the fuck their deal is!!!lol

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well, however reincarnation is appealing as well, why would you settle for it if you could choose to go to a heaven/paradise? :tongue:
    Are you going to be there as well, Lunar?

9. lunarflowermaiden

I was going to choose reincarnation at first, but I have changed my mind. Reincarnation would be very interesting, but I am not sure if I would want to go from life to life and not remember any of them. I would much rather live in a Heaven/Paradise, especially after knowing you are going to be there, Asmodean [​IMG]!

10. Asmodean

Haha, actually I already knew you're gonna be there as well!

11. broony

broony Banned

Heaven/paradise would be nice. Who wouldnt want to be in paradise? ^^ I want to ski/board amazing mountains with my family in 4feet deep powder. Other than that i really dont know.

12. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I want to be reincarnated as a tree. :)

13. Airfern1313

Airfern1313 Member

heaven/paradice. I want to meet up with my family whose gone before me, especially my grandfather who I never got to meet.

14. lunarflowermaiden

What kind of tree would you be? I would love to be a Cherry Blossom (Sakura--my favorite tree).

15. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Weeping Willow, my favourite. :)

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

serial mortality. but the heavin/r&r place between lives, something like an endless forrest in mountains with endless mazes of caves and being able to make shapes and passages in real 3d 'life', well the experiential equivelant of life one would have there.

forrests and mountans and diminuative narrow gauge railways and monorails and gardens and all that, just like i'd like to see and live in waking tangable life.

well really that's what my idea of heavin would be. endless opportunities to create and explore and none of the compulsions that inhibit us from doing so.

well it really wouldn't matter if my life could be tangable or not, as long as i could have that and not have to worry about anything.

but i don't see existing forever in any one place, nor any one kind of surroundings other then maybe the infinite diversity of forests and mountains and caves and so on.

no streets and mansions for me, unless both were mazelike, and again without keep out signs. gods are sweet too. but really i need mazes, or feel that i do, and being able to create myself, instead of being where people seem only to want to impress each other and destroy.

yes trains and gardens and forrests, just going on forever, but infinitely diverse, that would be my heavin.

=^^=
    .../\...

17. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I think there is a serious lack of understanding as to the philosophy of reincarnation going on in this thread haha. The whole point of reincarnation is to break free of samsara by devotion to god :) But, this thread is all about personal choice, so........yea :D

18. lunarflowermaiden

Exactly! This thread is more about what one would want his or her afterlife to be rather than actual, strict relgious beliefs.

19. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

neither...

i think there's smth else after death

20. Asmodean

But the question is about if you had the choice. ;)

To reincarnate in a tree seems very peaceful and relaxed, but the only downside is that you can't walk away when humans decide to cut you down or built a stinking factory next to you.. No fun with your (after)life when that happens. :(