If you are driving on missouri highway 21...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by seamonster66, Jan 10, 2005.

1. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

near some place called Petosi be sure to litter, the nastier the better.

the KKK will have to clean it up :D

2. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

OK i will make sure as to do so.

3. velvet

velvet Banned

Maybe used condoms... spreading the love and all :D

4. Children of Bodom

Children of Bodom Senior Member

Is there a story to this or something?

5. seamonster66

the best would be to throw a used condom AT the KKK people as they are cleaning the trash...

I wonder if they wear the full robe and everything while they are out there.

and yea...they are in charge of cleaning a part of the highway..it will have their name listed on the signs.

Missouri tried to stop them legally, but they lost in court so they have to let them do it.

6. hiro

hiro pursue it

Interesting..

7. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

I live near Potosi...40 miles north, I think...Maybe not even that...

My science teacher tore down the sign once, got in trouble, basically a slap on the hands...

Holly

8. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

They really adopted a stretch of highway? What's it look like, isn't it perpetually used as a garbage dump? I'd hate to think you're the only one to think of this! Too bad I don't live closer, that'd be one place where I wouldn't mind littering at all... :p

9. gertie

gertie Senior Member

it doesn't matter what group is having to keep it cleaned up, how is littering a good way to fight intolerance or injustice?

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

maybe the KKK should contribute money to making the roads better in missouri. damn they are so bumpy.... I have to get new shocks everytime I travel through there.

I guess Kansas roads have spoiled me.

11. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

OMG, I guess you don't know that "Adopt-a-Highway" doesn't mean that the people who actually "adopt" that stretch go out and clean the highway!

They SPONSOR that "section" of highway, but it's simply about providing donated money so that the state or local government picks up the trash.

Litter extra nasty shit there and all you're doing is fuckin' with the poor guys who work the cleanup detail for the highway department -- that or some prison work crew. Do you really want your dad to have to clean up your Wendy's wrappers??

-Jeffrey

12. peacefuljeffrey

Your science teacher sounds like a self-righteous ass.

I guess freedom of speech and freedom of association don't mean anything to people like him unless they AGREE with him, huh?

I guess we should just BAN the KKK and that'll take care of all the racism in this country, yah?

The answer to the KKK is not to tear down their signs because you're petty and feeling impotent to stop them so you do something cowardly and "symbolic" -- the answer is to educate. You discuss things, get dialogue going, and SHOW where their mentality is wrong.

If your position is truly the strong one, there should be no fear of letting ignorant people say what they have to say and present their side. That is, unless you don't have the confidence that your side is really right...

And that's exactly what's indicated by the fear-response of tearing down the sign.

-Jeffrey

13. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

jefferey, are you aware that you sound like a self-rightious ass?
    Like everytime you post. You are the pot calloing the kettle black.

14. peacefuljeffrey

LOL... But let's talk about the science teacher who felt so powerless that he lashed out in his pathetic wimpy way at a poor defenseless sign!

-Jeffrey

15. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

that sign had it coming. it was planning to rejoice in the birth of the anti crummy....

16. seamonster66

quote: OMG, I guess you don't know that "Adopt-a-Highway" doesn't mean that the people who actually "adopt" that stretch go out and clean the highway!

hmmmm, yea, don't really know the inner workings of highway cleaning, you are right, as always, guess maybe you have some experience picking up peices of my murder victims.

In my opinion the VERY HIGHWAY ITSELF is evil, if I were to drive down it I would be cursing it the entire time, telling it to lighten the fuck up.........like certain other allegedly "peaceful" members.

Still wishing you the worst,
    Gary

17. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Actually I knew a scouting troup that did go and clean their stretch... a friend's son was in it years ago in the Dallas area. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country. Or maybe they changed it, I also seem to remember reading about a nasty accident a few years back, where a drunk or speeding (forgot the details, sorry) driver hit some kids cleaning up... Wouldn't surprise me to hear they changed it after that but it was done 'in person' at one time or other for sure.

Btw, Gertie does have a point; don't thrown light stuff out that gets blown away or oil that seeps into the ground... stuff that just lays there until it's picked up, well.. don't really see much harm in that :p

18. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

And I see all these threads saying how vile hate speech like KKK websites should be banned...

Look how scary the KKK are... they're kleaning up liter... Oh no they're dressed like ghosts.

They aren't anything but a harmless nuiscance anymore.

19. velvet

velvet Banned

I hope you're right Lodui.. if I was black I'd be pretty intimidated by them.. just the mere fact that they exist. I'd feel sorry for them as well though (do now).. so much fear and hatred.. but hate and fear come in many forms these days.. if even it was so simple that only the people wearing the funny white hats would be racists.... I think Bush is scarier with his whole 'God Bless' stuff.. what ever happened to the seperation of State and Church? But that's a whole other story I guess...

20. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Schwa

I dont know where i heard this but the kkk has a membership application, i wasnt aware of this until i was told and laughed my ass off cause i thought it was a joke, but comes to find out its true and i am still just like wtf..