If Trump were to be impeached...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deidre, Apr 1, 2018.

1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

The soaring deficit hasn't seemed to worry either parties voters. Been going on for many years now. I haven't liked it for years but I appear to be in the minority.

The economy will need a hell of a hit to go down like you hope. Already China is coming to the tables to negotiate better trade terms to hopefully avoid the impacts of the imposed tarriffs. I expect the EU shall begin the same process.

Meanwhile the unemployment is the lowest its been in what 40 years now? That won't deflate to the previous economic levels very quickly.

Companies are adding investment in facilities, growth, employment and etc.

He is hoping to rebuild our long overdue for rebuilding infrastructure.

The stock market is less than 5% down from its all time highs, bringing it back to 20+% higher in the first 2 years of his administration. The next rally up, they will want to gold plate his testicles.

His formula for repaying the deficit, the tax cuts caused was based on the premise of 3% growth. We are at 2.9% and that spring is coiled up and ready.

He is trying to make a sensible exit out of the middle east.

You can pray for something really stupid like the Republicans raiding SS somehow. Pigs could also fly out of your ass in that world.

You can pray that he resigns or is assassinated or has a massive heart attack. None of that will actually make it less Republican after him.

Then he feeds the liberal folks by commuting blacks from prison, considering lifting the federal restrictions on pot.

In short the left would do better to actually try and come up with a candidate that can beat him. Better luck with that than the above outcomes.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

We'll see.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The economic will have another recession it always does. The common man can not find a job and their officials say we will fix that. But after a year or two of decent unemployment numbers they meet the lobbyists who say "look how good business is, but it would be even better without all this big goverment rules let's let some more jobs trickle down" and the same polices comes back. It is just how American capitalism works.

Sadly, when this happens it will probably be a year or two past a "blue wave" and like with Obama the ignorant will blame the Democrat in office. They do not understand that America's economy is not a computer router that can simply be reset and perfect 10 minutes latter. What the economy is in 2018 is related to the polices made in say 2014.

Trump supporters don't see that what they attribute to him was really that black guy they hate. If you want to see Trump's economy give it a year or two because it is coming

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I guess you missed it when Clinton balanced the budget, and Shrub Jr. it destroyed six months later, and then doubled the debt again, and then destroyed the whole U.S. and global economies. And Obama had to bail all the banks out to save this country from another GREAT DEPRESSION. FYI Trump just added another $1.5 trillion to the debt, giving it to corporations that already have 95% of America's wealth.

5. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

So far nothing is happening with the economy. All the hedge funds are going bankrupt, because the stock market is so stable. The national debt has stayed perfectly at 105% debt/GDP for years now. I have a sneaking suspicion that A.I. is creating an entirely new market atmosphere and history may not repeat itself.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Slightlyoff topic but what happened to deidre, you cant click on her name anymore?

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I noticed that too.

Maybe she unregistered?

Hope she’s doing ok.

8. lode

lode Banned

Where do you get your reality?

China immediately hit back with 50 billion worth of sanctions.

U.S. and China Expand Trade War as Beijing Matches Trump’s Tariffs

9. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

She was chased away by trolls. It happens a lot more than it should. Even to long time members.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thats a shame, she was one of the good ones. I didnt know you could unregister

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'd much rather deal with Trump than the fundamentalist Pence, and I freely admit that is a purely emotional reaction. American primary voters fucked up picking their candidates and American general election voters, as usual, just don't give enough of a damn to do anything about it; time for the US to take its medicine. I hope the D's learn their lesson and pick someone electable and non-controversial next time. I'm skeptical however.

And yeah, sucks about Deidre. I didn't really know her very well but she seemed cool. I could tell she took things way to personal though. You gotta have fun bantering with people.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

they've always made it a point that you can't. i have to assume she pissed off a mod.

13. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

She was one of the most active posters. Hopefully she comes back.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the new software only allows admin to do that

btw they get really mad lately at off topic posts

ruh roh

15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

First one dated April 2 of this year.
    2nd dated May.

Last May as in 6 weeks ago.

And yes China is VOWING they will retaliate. Trump is VOWING. They are in fact coming to the table to negotiate.

18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

She bailed on this place because it's full of asshats.

19. lode

lode Banned

By imposing $50 billion sanctions last week and having no scheduled talks on trade?

China imposed, not vowed.