If Trump were to be impeached...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deidre, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Dislike them both, equally

Deidre likes this.
  2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

If Trump left office, and Pence took over...is the country ready for a radical evangelical Christian? He’s pretty radical.

g65389pon likes this.
  3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm not sure how worse off things would be, can't be as bad.

4. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

The impeachment would take a long time, so Pence wouldn't be in office very long. Plus, for Trump to be impeached and convicted would require Democratic control of both Houses, so Pence wouldn't be able to do anything too radical.

Deidre likes this.
  5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

It's not about the hypocratic oath. Do no harm has nothing to do with trying to properly care for people that don't have anything invested in their own well being.

My belly hurts......has to be treated. My belly hurts is a pathway into getting a room to stay in and a staff to care for you. No test results in anything that explains belly pain. Instead they demand drugs because they know what makes the belly feel better. Meanwhile they tie up a room and staff that others in need should be getting access to.

Or the drug addict who used saliva to cook their drugs with, inject that saliva into their veins and now have to be treated for a raging infection that resulted.

These have become the benafactors of the AHCA. The medical staff can't decide who deserves care and who does not.

6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I hear this story quite a lot. Meanwhile doctors are being told that they cant charge as much and simply make up for it by seeing more. And the paperwork per patient goes up, and you have to pay staff more hours for more paper making.

Which seems fine, except the cost of providing healthcare by the provider has not gone down. Malpractice premiums hasn't gone down. Equipment cost hasn't gone down. Medical buildings arent less expensive. Education loans still need to be paid.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  7. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

Why our health care costs so much — and why fixes aren't likely
    click on this^^

8. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Well, I guess that listening to oil industry lobbyists over science is technically corruption... I mean, it's not like these assholes aren't paying Pruitt to undermine research.

But I was referring more to what the RWNJs think Hillary did-- the uranium one story was bullshit, so I mean pay for play, whitewater, etc. Still, none of those have long-reaching consequences on par with ignoring climate change or manipulating public opinion on the issue.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Of course he made it up, if anything its just the opposite.

It was the black vote, specifically black women in alabama which gave Doug Jones his victory over Roy Moore

10. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

I love Candace Owens.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  11. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

No... actually the problem is that machinist just doesn't understand that they don't prove that black people are going to vote for Trump, or that they won't vote for a Democrat that isn't Hillary.

Of course black people were more motivated to vote for Obama than Hillary... but just because they weren't excited about her doesn't mean that they're going to vote for a shitbag like Trump.

That doesn't really mean anything in terms of the bigger picture.

It's not a secret that the Democrats are in need of a simple, more effective message. If they run someone who is halfway between Bernie and Obama (ie: more left than Hillary), they will probably win in 2020.

The voters didn't reject leftism (well, obviously since Hillary won the popular vote), they rejected establishment politics. There are of course the people who were worried about sharing America with other races and it was probably a mistake to run a woman right after a black guy... but ultimately people are not opposed to more social services, socialized health care, etc... they will grow even less opposed if the GOP gets their own health care plan working.

Trump will either be gone or totally exposed as a conman beyond a shadow of a doubt by that time. Either way, people are coming around to what him being president means and it's snapping them out of their apathy.

The GOP only really appeals a minority of Americans and they can only really win by gerrymandering or through voter apathy. Trump won because too many people didn't understand that how much worse than Hillary he actually is.

scratcho and McFuddy like this.
  12. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

If I just made it up then why are you alls ears so perked up and concerned about it

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  13. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

People are just shocked that you believe it.

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Shocked might be an overstatement at this point.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I'm just shocked that even you would do such a thing.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Why be shocked when a clown wears a red nose?

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Maybe he used it to squeeze water in Okies face :p

18. roccobkln

roccobkln Members

Trump is a coward, and if Mueller gets too close he’ll do what he always does, walk away and leave the mess for somebody else.

19. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Trump will use every loophole available with impunity to stall any investigation. It seems more and more that, barring assassination, the only way we can remove him is to vote him out in 2020. And I'm concerned that might not happen. :persevere:

roccobkln likes this.
  20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Before anything can be done about Trump, the economy will have to experience a setback. I'm sure that will happen, but who knows when? Trump's protectionism could bring it about, but I suspect enough Republican bigwhigs will push back on that to keep him in line. The soaring deficit could also do it. Watch the Republicans to make a move on Social Security because "we just can't afford all these entitlements after giving the gazillionaires their tax cuts". Or it could be inflation or countervailing Fed tightening action--those low job numbers being too much of a good thing. But sooner or later, there will be a day of reckoning. Turmoil can work to the advantage of a President in the short run, but in the long run it will do him in. Trump is cagey about catering to his base, but a real dumbass when it comes to constructive policy measures.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018