If people spend HALF the time they spend on foot ball on things really matter...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 28, 2005.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

the world would be a different place...

ive gotten into football in the past two years but at the same time, i am sickened. i have news channels on and it's ALLLL football, the super bowl...

why wasnt that much attention paid to the election? to what's really going on in the war?

i know people want to escape reality (it sucks)... but come on.. maybe equal attention.

maybe there wouldnt be so much suffering going on in this country and throughout the world is people cared HALF as much (and by "people", i dont mean you.. i mean statistically)

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

football is more entertaining

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Well said, Trish!

4. interval_illusion

life is not entertainment though. im not saying not to be entertained. just the collective energy of stuff like that is so high... id like to see half of that in this country for something critical.

we'd be so much more advanced and fair.

5. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

l hate football.....

6. interval_illusion

thanks matt.

i think it's okay to like stuff like that but to put it in persceptive.

it doenst seem our country as a whole can do that. :(

7. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

I don't give a shit :D

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Same thing could be said about this forum.

9. KarmaComa

KarmaComa Member

I'm not say this is right or wrong, but after 9/11 there was little to no mention of sports or anything else for quite some time. During the election, the coverage was all about the election. The news covers what is hot, what is happening. If they were to cover the same stories over and over again people would get bored and rating would drop.

I really dont think talking about football instead of the war makes humanity suffer. We all have our opinions on the war. The news can either back that up or piss us off. The suffering comes because we as humans are not kind enough to each other. It has nothing to do with the news. If we would just show some respect to fellow humans the world would be a lot better.

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

And I agree with you -- especially in regard to this forum.

11. interval_illusion

hmm i think i stated that football isnt bad and i watch it.. but the news DOES cover it MUCH more then what they cover about the war in the u.s.

pro. football lasts six months, in the other six.. when it's not an election year... or a "terrorist" attack.. well, not covored hardly at all during those months....

do the math.