If Bush Wins, Women Will be Drafted Too!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by CyberFly, Jun 4, 2004.

1. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Guard your daughters before Bush gives them the Draft:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, http://www.hslda.org/legislation/na...s89/default.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services.

Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era.

College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

[​IMG]

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Damn you and your multiple posting, may you never again find matching socks when such is needed.

3. Rainbow Tears

Rainbow Tears Member

Women wanted equal rights... I think being forced in to a war is wrong for women AND men..

4. Rainbow Tears

Rainbow Tears Member

I emailed them with my opinions on how Bush is a dick and I hope he loses... I will take this protest as far as I can go-- Its to late to do anything about the men being forced to war... But I can at least try to stop this from happining..

5. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Well, if Canada isn't an option, there's always Mexico...

6. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

well i think that like equal rights...

but i dont think they should be a draft at all

and like AutumnAuburn said i also say, theyres always Canada,

if i got drafted id run away to an island or Mexico or somewhere way away....i cant kill or do anything to help it.. its not possible for me to do..

7. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

No, Canada signed an agreement not to harbor draft dodgers. They'll be checking your ID at the border. Of course if you want to sneak into Canada and work off the Canadian books, I guess that would be ok.

Luckily for me, if I ever got drafted the army could put me to much better use behind a computer screen than on the battlefield, so I wouldn't have to worry about combat.

8. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

My biggest issue with being drafted comes from seeing how America treats its veterans.

9. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Bush's next oil venture?

http://icasualties.org/oif/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,956255,00.html

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

Pfc. Rachel K. Bosveld 19
    527th Military Police Company, V Corps
    Waupun, Wisconsin
    Killed during a mortar attack on the Abu Ghraib Police Station in Baghdad, Iraq, on October 26, 2003
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Analaura Esparza Gutierrez
    4th Forward Support Battalion, 1st Brigade, 4th Infantry Division
    Houston, Texas
    Killed when the convoy she was in was attacked with an improvised explosive device and rocket-propelled grenades in Tikrit, Iraq, on October 1, 2003
    [​IMG]

Spc. Tyanna S. Felder
    296th Brigade Support Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division
    Bridgeport, Connecticut
    Died in Balad, Iraq, on April 7, 2004, of injuries sustained on April 4 when her convoy vehicle was hit with an improvised explosive device in Mosul, Iraq
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Nichole M. Frye
    Company A, 415th Civil Affairs Battalion, U.S. Army Reserve
    Lena, Wisconsin
    Killed when an improvised explosive device struck her convoy in Baqubah, Iraq, on February 16, 2004
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Melissa J. Hobart
    Company E, 215th Forward Support Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division
    Ladson, South Carolina
    Died after collapsing while on guard duty in Baghdad, Iraq, on June 6, 2004
    [​IMG]

Sgt. Keicia M. Hines
    108th Military Police Company, 503rd Military Police Battalion (Airborne)
    Citrus Heights, California
    Died when she was struck by a vehicle on Mosul Airfield in Mosul, Iraq, on January 14, 2004
    [​IMG]

Fern L. Holland
    Department of the Army civilian assigned to the Coalition Provisional Authority
    Holland, a lawyer, was killed when gunmen posing as Iraqi police officers stopped her vehicle at a makeshift checkpoint near Hillah, Iraq, on March 9, 2004.
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Leslie D. Jackson
    A Company, 115th Forward Support Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division
    Richmond, Virginia
    Killed when her military vehicle hit an improvised explosive device as it was returning to Camp Eagle in Baghdad, Iraq, on May 20, 2004
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Karina S. Lau
    16th Signal Battalion
    Livingston, California
    Lau was aboard a CH-47 Chinook helicopter when it crashed near Fallujah, Iraq, on November 2, 2003
    [​IMG]

Spc. Alyssa R. Peterson
    311th Military Intelligence Battalion, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Died of wounds received from a non-combat weapons discharge on September 15, 2003, in Telafar, Iraq
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Lori Piestewa
    507th Maintenance Company, 11th Air Defense Artillery Brigade
    Tuba City, Arizona
    Killed when her convoy was ambushed on March 23, 2003, near Nasiriya
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

if you get pregnant.. they won't draft you. of course, that's not a good reason to have a child, but just a thought.

also, religious reasons won't work anymore. which is dumb. if you don't believe in the war (or any wars) why do they want you? i would think you'd be less help than all those eager to murder.

11. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

I'm for the draft. If someone is willing to live in and love the country, then that very someone should be willing to defend her as well!

12. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

what are we defending her against?

13. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

But there is a difference between defending the COUNTRY, and defending the country's political or financial interests. WW2 was the last war fought against forces that posed a direct threat to the COUNTRY. In the event of a war to defend the COUNTRY, you wouldn't NEED a draft, as there would likely be more volunteers than the armed forces would be able to use.

Every war the US has fought since has been in defense of political ideology or financial interests. In the case of Bush's crusade in Iraq, it is being fought to line the pockets of defense contractors and oil companies. Iraq posed no threat to the US, and drafting people of either gender to kill or die defending the profits of US corporations is about the worst form of slavery there could be. Fortunately, as the latest war for capitalism grinds on, more and more people are figuring out what's up, and recruitment into the military is hitting bottom FAST. If the corporatocracy wants a steady stream of cannonfodder, a draft is going to be the only way to get it. And instututing a draft might be enough to wake up the critical mass of people to put an end to not only the current war, but the corporate system that PRODUCES these wars.

14. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

You are entitled to your opinion, Ellis. As wrong as it is, you are still entitled.

15. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

HIPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

uh! i'm not an "iraqi terrorist"

17. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Who said you were? Are you a feeling a little guilty? Let's talk.

18. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Bug man, you haven't answered any questions or proven anyone wrong. You are just another full-of-shit republican.

Why should any American woman have to get pregnant to avoid the draft?!
    It is obvious that since republicans took over that we are moving in the wrong direction.

Vote Bush out!!! http://www.johnkerry.com

[​IMG]

19. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

well that's who they are fighting. and i'm a hippie and you want to fight me...

20. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

...and you, my friend are just another know-it-all that jumps to conclusions with no insight or forethought. I'm democrat and proud as hell to be able to defend the place where I live and that I love. So pull your liberal, closed minded, judgemental pea brain out of yer hippy ass and join our sentiment, won't you?