If Bush Wins, Women Will be Drafted Too!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CyberFly, Jun 4, 2004.

1. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Guard your daughters before Bush gives them the Draft:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, http://www.hslda.org/legislation/na...s89/default.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services.

Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era.

College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

[​IMG]

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

I've read up on that. It's currently stalled in a congressional committee so I'm not too worried about it yet. I'll start fretting (about everything) if bush gets re-elected. Besides, push comes to shove I'll be prepared to go to jail, since apparently consciencious objectors still have to perform non-combat military service.

Another side-note to consider is that bills get revised and re-written millions of times before they ever pass (if they even get that far), so the women thing might be written out.

-Kate

3. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

wat pisses me off is women are all pissed off cause they dont have equal rights and shit but wen the oppurtunity comes to server their country they decide they dont want those rites anymore, besides i dont think the women should be in the military period just my opinion

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yayyy!!! John Kerry will save us. John Kerry is my hero.

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Matt, will you marry me so I can stay pregnant through the whole thing and they can't draft me? I'm scared. Then we can train our children to be musical genius superheros that can wipe out chemtrails and save the world!!!

What do ya say? ;)

6. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

I have heard a lot of republicans bitterly squak about equal rights. Personally I think men should treat women better. It appears that chivalry is dead within the Republican Party.

[​IMG]

7. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I'll take you up on that offer, as long as we leave out the frying pan thing mentioned in the other board.

8. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Okay... :) As long as you rub my feet. :D

9. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Sure *rubs your feet eagerly*

10. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I'm a woman, and I sure as hell don't want to be drafted. I don't think anyone should be. Thank god my husband is too old!

11. dotadave

dotadave Member

If the government wants to try and enslave me they can expect a fight. They'll have to kill me.

12. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

Woman bitch about how they don't have equal rights. Now they're getting equal rights by being drafted just like men, and there's a problem?

Personally, I believe war sucks and the draft sucks...but don't go bitching about women being drafted too now. Oh well...too bad. If you don't want to be drafted, dodge it...move somewhere.

13. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

I agree wholeheartedly. We want to be considered equal there fore we must be available for all the same shit that guys are. It does suck having the draft be a possability but that fucking life! You think back in Nam that they wanted to be drafted? No nothing has changed here! Nothing.New names new face is all that ever cganges espescially when i hear all this crap of Oh nO not me! If not us then who?

14. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

it seems only fair and sensible. if men go, then women go. but most women still won't be in combat situations.

15. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I think that is a good point. Women harp about equal rights, so this is equal rights. Maybe drafting women would be a huge step in the equal rights movement across the board. Maybe we will start to make as much money as men, etc...

I am sure they will have exceptions, women with children or pregnant women would not be drafted. What I don't think is cool is that they would pull kids out of school...thats fucked up if you ask me...

16. Gabino

Gabino Member

If republicans wins they will clamp down on illegal immigrants...
    The democrats platform to frighten Latinos.

If republicans win they will take away your Social Security...
    The democrats platform to frighten old people.

If republicans win they will take away church non-profit status...
    The democrats platform to frighten church people.

If republicans win the will end all welfare payments...
    The democrats platform to frighten the poor and especially blacks.

If republicans win they will re-enstate the draft...
    The democrats platform to frighten young people.

None of it is true,
    Since no politician on either party would dare to do any of it, alienating millions of voters with any one of those lies.

17. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Gabino it is all true. The only one lying is King George and his weapons of mass destruction.

[​IMG]

18. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

if Bush wins, women being drafted is not the worst that will happen.

19. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Yeah!, bush is gonna make America a facist state! then he is gonna draft everyone and makes us fight the world! and then liek omg bush is gonna do away with social security and lower taxes! oh wait that last one made him sound good better change it, Bush is gonna take our social security and RAISE taxes.

20. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

Bush wins.

http://icasualties.org/oif/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,956255,00.html

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

Pfc. Rachel K. Bosveld 19
    527th Military Police Company, V Corps
    Waupun, Wisconsin
    Killed during a mortar attack on the Abu Ghraib Police Station in Baghdad, Iraq, on October 26, 2003
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Analaura Esparza Gutierrez
    4th Forward Support Battalion, 1st Brigade, 4th Infantry Division
    Houston, Texas
    Killed when the convoy she was in was attacked with an improvised explosive device and rocket-propelled grenades in Tikrit, Iraq, on October 1, 2003
    [​IMG]

Spc. Tyanna S. Felder
    296th Brigade Support Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division
    Bridgeport, Connecticut
    Died in Balad, Iraq, on April 7, 2004, of injuries sustained on April 4 when her convoy vehicle was hit with an improvised explosive device in Mosul, Iraq
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Nichole M. Frye
    Company A, 415th Civil Affairs Battalion, U.S. Army Reserve
    Lena, Wisconsin
    Killed when an improvised explosive device struck her convoy in Baqubah, Iraq, on February 16, 2004
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Melissa J. Hobart
    Company E, 215th Forward Support Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division
    Ladson, South Carolina
    Died after collapsing while on guard duty in Baghdad, Iraq, on June 6, 2004
    [​IMG]

Sgt. Keicia M. Hines
    108th Military Police Company, 503rd Military Police Battalion (Airborne)
    Citrus Heights, California
    Died when she was struck by a vehicle on Mosul Airfield in Mosul, Iraq, on January 14, 2004
    [​IMG]

Fern L. Holland
    Department of the Army civilian assigned to the Coalition Provisional Authority
    Holland, a lawyer, was killed when gunmen posing as Iraqi police officers stopped her vehicle at a makeshift checkpoint near Hillah, Iraq, on March 9, 2004.
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Leslie D. Jackson
    A Company, 115th Forward Support Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division
    Richmond, Virginia
    Killed when her military vehicle hit an improvised explosive device as it was returning to Camp Eagle in Baghdad, Iraq, on May 20, 2004
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Karina S. Lau
    16th Signal Battalion
    Livingston, California
    Lau was aboard a CH-47 Chinook helicopter when it crashed near Fallujah, Iraq, on November 2, 2003
    [​IMG]

Spc. Alyssa R. Peterson
    311th Military Intelligence Battalion, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Died of wounds received from a non-combat weapons discharge on September 15, 2003, in Telafar, Iraq
    [​IMG]

Pfc. Lori Piestewa
    507th Maintenance Company, 11th Air Defense Artillery Brigade
    Tuba City, Arizona
    Killed when her convoy was ambushed on March 23, 2003, near Nasiriya
    [​IMG]