ID request- Canberra

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by animus, Jul 18, 2013.

1. animus

animus Guest

I picked this little haul a few days ago in the Brindabella mountains near Canberra, Australia. These are the pics I took that night. I'm fairly certain I've got Subaeruginosa, but as this was my first solo pick I thought I should get a second opinion. They all look right to me, except there is not much bluing on a few of the mushrooms, only black-ish bruising. They all smell right to me, and all have that tough woody stem which I hope means they are Subs. The possibility of them being Galerinas is what's got me a little concerned, and the larger mushroom in the top left of the pics seems a tad more orange coloured than the others. That being said it still looks a lot like a Sub and I've never seen a Galerina so I don't really know how similar they actually look, I could just be paranoid... I made a thread on the Shroomery as well and one guy replied saying they were definitely Subs so I probably am paranoid haha. Anyway a second opinion couldn't hurt.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

The thread I made on Shroomery- pics show up better here:http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18552352

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I'm no expert whatsoever, but there is no way to tell from the info you've provided. Just make sure, like you've said, that some of them aren't poisonous lookalikes. Also, take spore prints. The colour that comes out will give you a slightly better idea on what you've got there. These posts kind of annoy me a little to be honest. Especially when it's your first post(s).

3. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Spore print color? Subs have a violet spore print color....... Galerina have a brownish spore print.

It looks like you ran you specimens through a wood chipper before photograghing them

4. animus

animus Guest

Thanks for the replies- Colimon: Sorry this thread annoyed you, I can see why it did. I'll leave this kind of thing for the Shroomery in the future. Grainpsilo, the mushrooms are fully dried already so if what I've read is true, it's too late for a spore print. Yeah I know some of them are in bits and pieces, my brother put them in his pocket instead of in a bag. I think I'll just eat the ones I'm sure about, most, if not all look and smell exactly like those I've previously picked and eaten with more experienced pickers.

5. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Spore print is important

Make sure you always take them in the future. I never eat a wild mushroom that hasn't been spore printed.

6. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

Annoyance should be tolerated in situations like these

Harm reduction is what it's all about here