Ice Cream Trucks

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's probably why they drive through your street all day :p ;)

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When I worked night shifts on the ambulance (7am finish) the ice cream van was my 2pm alarm call. The tune always amused me, since it was one that we had a parody on when I was in the school choir. The words were not something that I would quote here, but the cream pie posts spring to mind.

We had great fun winding up the choirmaster, the funniest was when we performed "while shepherds watched their flocks by night" at the church carol concert.
    While shepherds washed their socks by night.
    All seated round the tub.
    A bar of Sunlight soap came down.
    And they began to scrub.
    It was used in a Sunlight advertisement in the 1930s. but the choirmaster was far from amused.
    The church congregation burst out laughing though.

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Ice cream vans have the same kind of effect on me as sinister scary clowns. It's the sound of insanity and ruined childhood dreams.

4. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I once heard an ice cream truck play the best version of "The Entertainer" I've ever heard. Mind you, I was stoned to the gills at the time.

5. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I have no idea what song our ice cream truck plays, all I know is he has good ice cream.

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

We have some adult ice cream trucks--you know, like food trucks some of which have ice cream; not x-rated ice cream. I can't remember the last time I saw, like, the kid's ice cream truck playing music and all that.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

hotwater likes this.
  8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

that's turkey in the straw!

9. It wasn't all that long ago I remember still hearing the ice cream truck song as it came through the neighborhood. I live in the Ice Cream Capitol of the World there should be some ice cream trucks. Smashing Pumpkins got the song pretty much right with the opening of their song Today.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i thought it was some sort of military marching thing from world war one, that i used to know the actual words to as well as the parody ones,
    though only a verse or two of either. the parody version was world war two era.

anyway ice cream trucks. there weren't actually any around when i was little in the 50s, at least not anyplace where i was. though i guess the big eastern cities still had them.
    but then in the 70s there was some kind of revival of them, and they were everywhere and remained pretty much through the 80s and 90s.

i think they're mostly gone now again, but this could all just be subjective from my own moving around to different towns.

11. Aerianne

12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

The thing is I love ice cream! (But it's bad for me with my diabetes type 2.)

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Noserider likes this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There was a special place and time where both were attempted to be combined

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the last place i lived before here was the only place i ever actually heard an ice cream truck. never actually saw it, i think it went to the next street over. i have no idea what song it played, i must not have paid that much attention.

16. Aerianne

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ive seen the ice cream truck drive by twice in the last few weeks

he speeds right thru my neighbourhood and only does slow rounds in one certain subdivision that is well known for being full of double income families with spoiled rotten kids

kind of smart of him actually

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Maybe he's secretly a pot dealer too :p

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member