I would like to try meditation again...

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Redhead420_23F, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Redhead420_23F

Redhead420_23F Member

I've been stressed out a lot lately, and kinda self-conscious and not myself more than often. I remember meditation can be so helpfull when I tried it before, years ago.

However I dont' think I really knew what I was doing. I remember a really simple one, just thinking "Ham Sah" as you breath in and out.

But anyway I know if I do a search on "meditation" about 100 sites will show up, including many that just want to sell me their products. So are there any good links someone would suggest, for a beginner?

Oh and I definately believe in God now. I didn't used to be sure. But I'm still totally paranoid of any organzied religion, so I'm not planning on joining any church anytime soon. I don't know if thats important in any advice you'd give a beginner though, lol just thought I'd bring it up just in case it would

2. stalk

stalk Banned

just smoke a joint,
    get in the half-lotus position
    put on some omar a. rodriguez-lopez
    or if you prefer silence
    go to the top of the mountain,
    or by a river,
    and just close your eyes
    and think,
    forget about the world
    and surface
    your unconscious.

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

I'll teach you a technique if you PM me. I have taught about 20 people over the last three years. Only two have continued the practice and they like it. It's like TM. I call it Shakti Mantra Consort Meditation. I don't charge.

You might say, "Only two?" Well, that's the way things work out.

4. dharmadrums

dharmadrums Member

5. Redhead420_23F

Redhead420_23F Member

dharmadrums thanx for the links! and Chodpa I'm about to pm you soon thanks!

6. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

So how did that go?

7. wanttofeelaccepted

wanttofeelaccepted Member

i sudjest trying to meditate with an object thats close to you, for my its my Fox Skull but not everybody has one of those..try scented candles Native American Indian music, Dragons Blood Incence etc.. theyre allways very good