I wonder if it will start emitting a loud noise ???

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Vladimir Illich, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Metal monolith discovered in Utah sparks mystery

PA
    Nov 24th 2020 4:45AM
    A mysterious metal monolith has been found planted in the ground in a remote part of the United States.

The object was spotted in Utah by state officials who were helping to count sheep from a helicopter.

View this post on Instagram
    A post shared by UtahDPSAeroBureau (@utahdpsaerobureau)

Pilot Bret Hutchings told local news channel KSL TV: "That's been about the strangest thing that I've come across out there in all my years of flying."

State wildlife officers were on board the Utah Department of Public Safety (DPS) helicopter counting bighorn sheep when the discovery was made on Wednesday.

[​IMG]

Mr Hutchings said it was one of the biologists on board who spotted the object and encouraged him to circle back to take a closer look.

What they saw was a metal monolith, which Mr Hutchings estimated to be 10 to 12 feet high, embedded in the red earth.

[​IMG]
    Officials landed to take a closer look at the monolith (Utah Department of Public Safety)
    He said: "We were thinking 'is this something Nasa stuck up there or something? Are they bouncing satellites off it or something?'"

Mr Hutchings said his best guess was that it had been put there by a "new wave artist" or a fan of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

In the 1968 Stanley Kubrick movie, a metal monolith is discovered in the desert by apes.

View this post on Instagram
    A post shared by UtahDPSAeroBureau (@utahdpsaerobureau)

After the DPS shared images of the structure on its social media channels, followers came up with their own theories.

One suggested it might be a prop for a TV show, another joked it was the off switch for the planet, while a third claimed to have planted it there himself "hoping it would freak someone out one day".

The DPS said in a statement the exact location of the monolith was not being revealed for public safety reasons.

It added that installing structures without permission on federally managed public lands is illegal.

..... Like the film - 2001 Space Odyssey !!!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It’s an antennae placed there by a civilization of advanced beings living in the hollow earth.

It’s the method by which they use to spy on (us) the above grounders who have chosen to live in the light.
    They have chosen to live in the dark, and through millennia have lost their sight.

And so it is written, “In the underground world of the blind, a one-eyed man or woman, can be king"

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

'scuse me, but this is the People's Republic of Sussex, - we have no monarchies here but elected Presidents !!!

4. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please accept my humble apology

5. Vladimir Illich

I'll let ya, - thousands wouldn't !!! ;):D:D:D

hotwater likes this.
  6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I love your hypothesis, many a true word spoken in jest.

Stanley Kubrick was troubled by his thoughts which inspired several of his films. 2001 was one of the best examples, particularly the way that every section of the film left more questions than answers. Both a close friend of mine and I (as his young helper) worked on the film and it is a time that I will never forget.
    Perhaps the most worrying film was "Clockwork Orange", that sparked a huge wave of violent crime all over the UK.

The most interesting time of my life was back in my student days, when my professor of fresh water botany revelled his hobby of radio frequency.
    He made me build a receiver where every component was home made, using charcoal soaked in salt as resistors, kitchen foil, greaseproof paper and cooking oil for the capacitors and a crystal for the tuning diode. It was powered by a home made primary zinc carbon battery.
    When I finally got it rite (after his checking my progress dozens of times and upon seeing a tiny component started waving his arms around like a windmill and shouting "You STUUUUPID idiot", I was able to receive radio signals from south America using a trapped dipole areal.
    I later found out that he had been the RF designer of the WW2 south coast radar defence systems..... Not bad for a botanist.
    One thing that always intrigued me was when he mentioned that he designed it all during his sleep. If ever I wondered whether people REALLY connect with intelligence from outside our universe, that was the moment.
    Perhaps he was a REAL Lunar Tic ;););)

PS, at the end of my studies with him, I did not know my Vallisneria Spiralis from my Elodia :(

hotwater likes this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I want that for my yard...

mysticblu21 and hotwater like this.
  8. hotwater

The monolith has disappeared

The monolith was removed by an “unknown party” sometime Friday night, the DPS said

The monolith was first discovered November 18 by officers from the Utah Department of Public Safety’s Aero Bureau. They were flying by helicopter, helping the Division of Wildlife Resources count bighorn sheep in southeastern Utah, when they spotted something that seemed right out of “2001: A Space Odyssey.”

The DPS said "It is illegal to install structures or art without authorization on federally managed public lands, no matter what planet you're from," .

mysticblu21 and scratcho like this.
  9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

mysticblu21 and hotwater like this.
  10. hotwater

Another Monolith has been found In Romania

[​IMG]

mysticblu21 likes this.