i wish....

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by eydis, Apr 8, 2007.

1. eydis

eydis Member

people were more spiritual, the probleme, in our world is: the meaning of life seems to make and have babies.... families. which leads to overpopulation. and the end of the earth. the cult of the famiy, wish that people got sterelized, because the only real good parents out there are the one who dont really want kids, because so many people out there get kids becaus they are bored of life, because they want to save their relationship or because they havent found the/their mening of life-----> sso.... that means that most of the people out there get kids FOR SELFISH REASONS, TO SATISFY THEIR OWN EMPTINESS/BOREDOM..... or subconscious wish for spreading their own genes.
    stop being selfish and greedy

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

I agree too many people have kids for all the wrong reasons. But most people who don't want kids would not make the best parents. They usually don't want kids because they're mature enough to acknowledge that they wouldn't be able to provide for one emotionally/financially/whatever. It's admirable, but it doesn't mean they'd necessarily make the best parents.

Families are not the cause of overpopulation. In the US, most families only have 2 kids, which is enough to create a population increase of 0%--a stable population. The only reason the US population is increasing so much is because of immigration. Worldwide, the birth rate is higher, for alot of other reasons, but mostly because of a lack of access to birth control/uneducated women.

The real problem is not how many people are on earth, but just how much resources those people waste. In the developed world, we cannot afford as many babies as the undeveloped world because our children are more than likely going to waste a hell of alot more resources than kids in the undeveloped world.

If you live your life as simply as possible (and teach your kids to do the same), it doesn't really matter how many kids you have. Or you can adopt and not have to feel responsible for any of it. :)

3. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

People need to adopt kids! There are so many kids that just need happy homes. But people are selfish and want something from their womb, but I am sure after taking care and loving a child it doesn't make a difference. I'm not saying that I don't understand wanting your own child - believe me I do, I have great genes - but I think changing a few kids' lives is more important really.

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

...for crying out loud, haven't we heard this enough already?

Good, you feel that way about kids, don't have them. The world is better off.

5. DepTh

DepTh Member

"there is no meaning to life other than what we give it. everything is inheriently without value, and only humans, as value-positing creatures, give it meaning."

6. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

I'm sorry but are you stating your opinion as fact? I'm pretty damn sure you are.

In my opinion I think people who don't have children are selfish and don't want difficulties in life and want all their money for themselves to spend on God knows what.

I feel like I have to say this to you, it's my right, GOOOO FUCK YOURSELF.