I wish...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DancerAnnie, May 24, 2006.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I wish I was this bunny rabbit that has been hanging around my house lately. He's cute...I'm not sure if it's a he, but I think it's a he, because it's springtime and it's not a preggo bunny...

He just looks like he's having a really good life, just, you know, hopping around and eating grass all day. I don't live on a busy road, so he doesn't have to worry about getting hit by a car or anything. He sleeps under my porch, so he's got a safe home and everything.

Plus, he doesn't have to worry about money, a job, school, homework, bills, gas prices, significant others, or marriage.

I wish I was that bunny rabbit.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

he also doesn't have to worry about living very long ;)

3. DancerAnnie

At least he spent his last days hopping around in a really nice neighborhood!

4. He won't be hopping about happily once he's in the pot ready to feed a family of four.

5. DancerAnnie

Ewww, there aren't any rabbit eaters in these parts.

6. seamonster66

if he's in a good neighborhood he's more likely to be shot with a bb gun by a bratty 14 year old for no reason

7. Really, are they native animals?

I love rabbit, its delicious.

8. DancerAnnie

I know rabbit isn't native to Australia...must be why you guys eat them...

Not many people eat rabbit in Michigan...Arkansas or Alabama? They'll eat it...roadkill style.

9. seamonster66

Its jus like us and kangaroos, can't get enough of kangaroo gumbo, kangaroo burritos and churros, 'rooloni, etc

10. Really? Where are you from?

Sadly, we eat a lot of kangaroo too, if its got four legs we eat it...and probably root it too.

Sad but true.

11. Xac

Xac Visitor

So true, minus the sex part, aren't we the only country in the world to eat our coat of arms?

12. seamonster66

I'm from pretty near where dancer annie is from...
    you guys eat Kangaroo?! I thought i was joking :D

13. Yeah, its not as popular as beef or chicken, but it definitely makes its way to many barbecues and family dinners. We also eat emu too and crocodile, lizards and other meats on occassion, but this is usually associated with indigenous culture, for example eating at a "bush tucker" restaurant.

14. seamonster66

and they aren't hillbillies, desert sams, or something like that?

some people do eat rabbits here, not many though.

EDIT: I understand now

apparantly some people eat squirrels and stuff, out in the hills

15. No.....people of all backgrounds eat native produce. Its a good, cheap meat and consuming kangaroo is far better for the environment than beef. Lots of educated, affluent people eat it for this reason.

16. seamonster66

wow., affluent people do something nice for the environment there?! shocking

17. Anyway.back to the topic of the thread.

I really like bunnies as pets and I have been thinking of buying one, but i've heard they fight and fuck a lot, as R P Mcmurphy would say.

18. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I can't imagine having to wrestle a kangaroo for meat...cows go down so much more easily, I'd figure you'd get a good kick to the face from a 'roo.

19. Thats why you have a chainsaw on hand

20. Xac

Xac Visitor

Hell yeah Kangaroo's are the original Kick boxers, in a less humane world i would definatley pay to see a man kick box with a kangaroo... probably wouldnt be animal cruelty either as the man would probably get his ass kicked.

P.s. Kinky Romana the picture of you in your sig pic to the very left reminds me heaps of donnie darkos girlfriend in the movie... donnie darko