I wish i was around in the 60's

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by deadhead82, Apr 25, 2008.

1. deadhead82

deadhead82 Member

man i with i could have been around and rode the bus with ken kesey and babbs
    i wana be a prankster sooo bad ...but i kno that day will never be..i love the 60's
    Who else?

2. 6ReaPer9

6ReaPer9 Member

I'm with you on this one brother....if only i had a nickle for everytime i wished i was around in the 60's..... The world without big corporations and material consumerism.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah man, it was paradise in the true-est sense of the word. No one wanted to just consume or cared for material possessions at all and society didn't evolve around money or status. And happily there could be thousands of people on Kesey's bus, cause you can't be a prankster without that. So everyone's forced to live 'off the bus' nowadays.. Present day society is so mean! :(

4. silverhippy

silverhippy Comfortably Numb

Sorry but we had these things back in the 60s as well as today. Big cororations and material consumerism will always be with us. We tried to make a better place but you can't fight the whole country. Most people seem to want these things. We could try again but we lack the numbers.

Peace

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I am glad I was never drafted.

6. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

Im with you man.....born too late and missed the bus

7. Asmodean

Tsk, ride a new bus.

8. 6ReaPer9

6ReaPer9 Member

You can add me to that list of numbers man... we might be small but atleast we'r human.....

9. dollydagger

ahh....but there will never be a bus like that, dig

10. Asmodean

If you believe that it probably will not indeed. Maybe you're thinking too big when you say there never will be a bus like that again? With the right mindset and in the right company you can experience it in a similar way. It's always going to be different of course, but it's all about the experience. I see people (also on this forum for example) who have the right mindset. They're not too busy comparing everything and they are going strong riding their own bus. I'm so glad I've past the feeling of being born too late, it's such nonsense to me. No offence intended! :)

11. eponabri

eponabri Member

Sorry, but you're thinking of a different planet if you think those things didn't exist in the 60's. Those were some of the issues we were rebelling against.

Things haven't changed much in 40 years... and society still hasn't learned from the past.

12. silverhippy

Cool. But be ready to be shot down for what you believe in. And make sure you have the numbers to deal with it. Sooo climb aboard.

Peace

13. sexylilunicornbutt

sexylilunicornbutt Member

C'mon, not that much has changed. Well, a lot has changed. We're all on computers... We don't have to go outside to talk about this stuff. We don't have to go looking for it. But there are plenty of us out here, a hell of a lot of us. It's time to stop pining for the sixties and start accepting that the time is now. We are the truth and nothing can stop us.

14. silverhippy

Very very cool. You are right on. Don't look to the past and what we did. We changed some thing's but not what we really wanted to. So yes it's your turn. Jump on your own bus and make thing's happen this time round. There's a lot to be done. The world is still a mess. Good luck.

Peace

15. aeonsbeyond

aeonsbeyond Member

Ohhhhh dude cmon now, our own times seem jaded and cynical but dont you must know the lyrics to The Other One? Everything comes around again, dont idolize the past be here now, if we fear weve lost it then we have but from what I see, hippy culture has waxed and waned over the last 40 years yet still bloomed and grew in multiple generations and has been reviving very very nicely the last few years, in fact this decade is a lot like the 60s ...but with computers, so were lucky, 13 channels of black and white TV sucked. Theyre even starting LSD testing at Harvard again!

In fact Ill let you in on a little secret...ya wanna ride the bus for real? Zane Kesey, Ken Keseys son, is stepping on the gas to the new Furthur2...in fact, next week on June 19th in Portland OR at a place called Da Factory 2119 N. Kirby St 97227 Zane is supposedly pulling out the bus for a 'happening' with various friends...he had an invitation up on his MySpace page last week.

So if you want it there it is go and get it but ya better hurry cause its goin fast!

16. dollydagger

I dont think that necessarily is a good thing.....I get what you're saying, though.

17. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"Be Here Now"

There will never be another bus like Further. Nope, it won't happen again. Oh, I read about the re-enactment planned, but that will have as much impact as the second Woodstock.

Build your own "bus", man.

Moments and times and movements can't be recreated, the best they can do is inspire folks to create new moments for new times. You can't Tivo an orgasm. You have to go make a new one.

Be Here Now

18. GeorgeHippieGirl

GeorgeHippieGirl Member

why did it all change.. where are we going to now..
    too bad its gone, i think i would have been so happy if i lived in that time, even if i would have been unhappy, i would have been happier than if i am unhappy here.. what did i just say?
    i know i know.. dont live in the past.. im living now.. dont waste it.. live. but i still cant ignore that desire.. i think im whining too much..
    peace&love

19. stoney69

stoney69 Member

today is tomorrow's yesterday(year) ....lets live the future!!

Don't look back
    To the days of yester-year
    You cannot live on in the past
    Don't look back

An' I've known so many people
    They're still tryin' to live on in the past
    Don't look back, whoa no-oh

If I could call back
    All those days of yester-year
    I would never grow old
    And I'd never be poor
    But darlin', those days are gone
    Oh yeah

Stop dreaming
    And live on in the future
    But darlin', a-don't look back
    Whoa, no-no
    Don't look back

::John Lee (RIP)

20. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

I also wish I was alive in the sixties. It was a magic time! You didn't have to get a job and make money like you do now-- people would just see you sitting on the grass smoking pot and they would give you money! For free! Also, rich people would pay you to hang out with them.

In the 60s, eating was just for fun-- you didn't have to do it. Nowadays if we don't eat we'll die, because of global warming and MacDonald's... but it used to be that you could eat if you wanted to, and if you didn't want to, well... that's cool too! Some people just don't like food, dig?

All you needed was a guitar and long hair to keep you warm... because there was no winter like there is now. Also, it never rained and there were always rainbows in the sky... because they're nice to look at on acid. The only place it ever rained was Woodstock but that was because sliding is fun!

Also, good-looking women would sleep with you and not get pregnant. I love the 60s!!!