I wish I could say "I'm bored."

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fuuunia, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Fuuunia

Fuuunia Members

Hey there,

haven't posted here for awhile, but I was checking the posts and it seems many people post here because they're bored. My question is: How is it possible to be bored?

I'm busy Miss Lizzy, having 5 exams in next two weeks, studying all day/night long.. I wanna be bored too...:rolleyes:

2. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Easy, they are doing nothing! :rolleyes:

3. Fuuunia

Fuuunia Members

But.. how's that? I mean.. you have to work/study (or both), sometimes do some home work, cook, take care of children/pets...

Never mind. I just don't know "how to make boredom work." :tongue:

4. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Well you assume they have a job, have to care for themselves ect. Some flop at mom and dads, get fed and cared for, all but the diaper change really.

I know busy people get bored too, they are so used to running 100mph all the time that when they get a moment of rest it bores them.

5. Fuuunia

Fuuunia Members

Well I'm not a hyperactive type of person either. :)
    I hope this thread isn't offensive, I don't judge anyone for "being bored", I was just curious... Well then, back to sociology. :rolleyes:

6. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I dont judge either, I mean maybe its a partial jealousy even. Somedays I would dream of being able to not worry about bills, losing money, worrying about what to buy for food, taking care of the house, the cars, ect. It would be nice not to have to get up, have to do what all your customers want you to do, drive here and there to pick up systems, repair networks, fix stupid mistakes, wait until it happens again, not worry how your health is and so on. To be carefree would be so so nice.

7. Fuuunia

Fuuunia Members

Yes, it would.. but maybe after some time you'd start missing your everyday troubles.. I don't know.. there are too many if's and would's.. :)

8. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

You definitely do, and I wish I could say "Im never bored. Im always busy. Ive always got people to see and places to be"

I havent worked consistently (Ive had on and off jobs) for 2 years now as Im in therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after events that happened to me. In terms of my personal wellbeing, they have been the worst years of my life. Some days I cant leave the house, but it gets so boring and lonely and sad and pathetic. Thankfully Im making al the moves in the right direction and I think m doing well all things considered, but Id obviously rather it could all just go away and I could get back to a more regular routine

9. Fuuunia

Fuuunia Members

Oh.. Good Luck! I understand your situation, I was more likely talking about people who don't have any problems (physical neither psychical) and still are like "I am bored, somebody entertain me!"...

10. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

These psuedo-philosophical threads are always retarded.

11. Fuuunia

Fuuunia Members

Sure. And the best ones are about breakfasts, cars or fools.

12. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

i have exams too..:(

13. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

At least the fakeness factor is minimal.

14. Fuuunia

Fuuunia Members

Good Luck. :)

What am I faking?

15. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I stopped reading the thread at sociology.

Not through boredom (xD) but I'm considering taking it for A levels, I probably wouldn't but I'm wondering what you think of it. Most likely I'll take Philosophy but I'm waiting till the taster lessons till I decide and if I decide that Philosophy sucks, I'ma probably taking sociology. :)

The only downside is whenever I see it at a glance I think it says scientology. :rolleyes:

16. Fuuunia

Fuuunia Members

Hehe :) Well what I think about sociology.. First of all, I'm not major at sociology and it's my first semester at uni, so .. :) but so far I like it. It's very interesting, it makes you think about things you'd never think about before. (Well as most of humanities.) ...

17. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

it takes a great deal of planning, ingenuity and fortitude.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

yes/no (no), no, microwave, no/no.

so yeah, i might get bored once a day and mention it on here.

19. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

OMG, highschool sux so much !

20. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i was in AP classes. exams were pretty shitty.