I was thinking...

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by TheLittleOne, May 28, 2004.

1. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

about posting here and asking for advice about what i should do in my situation...then i decided against it because yall never understand me, and always tell me i'm too young to understand love vs. lust, and i'm just having a crush....so, yea...i'll pass this time on postin here....i dont even know why i'm making this post.....

2. ellwood

ellwood Member

I get it too but i still post :)

I love my girlfriend.

3. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

See - you can tell us. There are tons of people who meet at 16, or 15, fall in love and stay in love for the rest of their days. :)

4. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

just post it..everyone always gets their mixture of comments..
    or go post it in my forum if you want...

5. TheLittleOne

fine....i've known this guy for a couple years...we've always liked eachother...even when we weren't 'together' ....and last fall he went away to basic training, and when he came back i think i fell in love with him...he's a beautiful person, and he is just crazy about me....

I met his whole family, they're all great. He has his shit together...and we spent alot of time together while he was in town...and he promised me that he would come back for me...then he left for korea...for a year...

now, see, he calls me everyday....and i miss him like crazy. and don't tell me it's lust, cuz it's not! i'm not attracted to him for his looks, i'm attracted to him for his heart. he's a sweet soul, and cares alot about me. we tell eachother i love you...and he's always mentioned marrying me, just kinda nonchalontly...but now he's serious...when he comes back in october on his mid-tour leave, he wants to marry me, and take me back with him.....Our original plans were that he would come back next may.....and we'd move down to florida together, and he'd be stationed at a ft. whatever.....but now, he wants to stay in korea for two more years....married, with me...then after that go back to the us...because if he's in korea, he's in an undeployable area, can't get sent to iraq...plus, he gets more money a month...i get to live there and be w/ him...and after all that, we get basically free housing, college, we'd be set...it's financially smart, plus we'd be happy together. he's a wonderful person. it's just...im only 18...i dont wanna make the same mistake my mom and grandma did..marrying young.
    i dont want to live in korea for two years...but i also do not want him to go off to iraq....but i want to be with him as soon as possible...i just wish we could stick to our original plans of moving out together in a year, to florida, see what happens....
    i dont know...i dont want him to go to iraq...i guess i'll figure it all out when he proposes in the fall, which im sure he'll do...

6. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

myabe its a mistake to not marry young, who knows if your mum and grandmum didnt, you might not be around. but i dunno about gettin caught up with a soldier, thier training tends to brainwash them.

7. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

You can post pretty much anything here and 1 of three things will happen. You will get banned, you will get flamed, or you will get reasonable responses. Sometimes you get a combo of the above. The last one is the most often, so you should feel free to post whatever and see what happens.

8. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i got married at 18, to someone that i had been dating since i was 14. we're still together, and i don't regret having done it.

having said that, marriage is hard work, no matter how old you are. i think that one of the problems with getting married young is that in addition to whatever "normal" marital problems you might have, you still have a lot more growing up to do, and the two of you may not grow at the same rate/in the same direction. you may suddenly look around in a few years and think "he's not who i thought he was/I'm not who he thought i was..."

add the fact that he's in the military, and you'll have to move a zillion miles away from your current life, and i'd say that you have the potential for some really hard times...

it's your choice, but think it through.

9. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Well, I got married (the first time) at 16... So I really can't judge you for being young... Life is a learning experience, so experience it!

Plus, you may already know this, but he has to do his time, overseas "pay his dues" so-to-speak... Then, he will get to put in his requests for where he wants to be... But yeah, Korea is the sucky tour (not as bad as Iraq, but...), but in a couple of years, he will be able to request anyplace he wants. And who knows, you might decide that the US is too small and you want to go to Italy (a lot of people really like Vincenza, its a very popular post), Germany, or somewhere else in the world...

You are young, have no children and nothing but fear to hold you back... I say go for it! I would!

10. TheLittleOne

I think I am....just the thought of getting married kinda freaks me out, but i love him so much....but i've always wanted to travel. I've been wanting to get away from this state and this life for so long. My life hasn't been the greastest lately...And true, I know we both have alot of growing up to do. We're young and impulsive...but i hope it all works out. He just makes me so happy, I can't wait to see him in october. I'll be happy to see him by then, i think i'll say yes to whatever he asks, lol.

11. poeticpimpin123

poeticpimpin123 Member

I know what you mean.But if you love him and everything is the way you say it is it will be awesome. Everyday waking up to the same man can be wonderful. Make sure to keep open communication and just see what happens. You guys should also check and make surwe you'll be able to go with him to Korea. I know my family couldnt. My mom wasnt allowed to go to Korea w/my dad. Maybe it was because she was preggie but anyways. It'll all work itself out.