i was NOT impressed BUT

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by interval_illusion, Jan 3, 2005.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i bought a bunch of leaves..and after a few experiences (or barely of it)-- right now, im using the rest... in a quid. nasty but yeah i have a bowl to smoke after this...

listening to some pink floyd but really.. im just wondering, i can feel and it's nice but i was expecting more..

what extract should i order next to really feel something? is it a lot better (the extract?)

2. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I tried some 13 x, took 5 large hits holding it in as long as I could and for certain was pretty wacked out. At first I was like, wow, this is pretty cool considering its legal, but then I didn't particularly care for it, made me slighly panicky. I haven't tried any sense, not really my thing I guess

3. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I tried extract once, and it didn't work... Fortified leaf seems to be the best... It doesn't work for some people, but if you feel something, then it probably will... How are you smoking it, and what amount?

4. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

I've used 5x and 6x extract (and will be using 10x in the future), and I've had a fair share of incredible experiences ... it only takes one or two hits, as well, if you do them right.

See the posts on the sticky thread on this board, the one about newbie questions; I have some posts with more detailed instructions there, and there are a lot of good suggestions from other people who have had strong experiences. =)

5. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

there seems to be a lot of bunk salvia extracts going around especially sold at headshops. , if you were taking large hits holding it in as long as you could of actual 13x, i believe you would be way too uncooridinated to continue after like two or three.. i had no recollection of what i was doing, where i was, or whatever the hell "i" was for that matter,, while holding in the first hit, smoke in that way., though of course you may a hardhead, but i think bunk salvia is more common

6. InFlames420

InFlames420 Member

personally, I recommend to just extract the salvia for yourself. The extracts that are sold are overpriced and sometimes are terrible quality. The extraction isn't hard at all. You just soak briefly in water, re-dry, soak in acetone... then evaporate onto more salvia. This is the method that most companies use to make their extracts.

7. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

Does anyone know if salvinorin A is alchohol soluable?? It occured to me to soak some extract powder in everclear (VERY strong grain alcohol), then dilute it and take it as a drink, any suggestions?

8. InFlames420

InFlames420 Member

yea, it's soluble in alcohol. I recomend straining it tho, drinking the powder would be shitty. Soak it for like a week... and shake it every few hours. The salvinorin is more soluble in acetone tho, but you obviously can't drink that

9. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

Thanks for the tip dude

10. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

you will need more than 10 times as much leaf orally in solution with pure ethanol (if you can get it)
    easier to extract with acetone
    dry and mix that up into some kind of drink.
    typically I would reccommend 5-10 grams of plain leaf to start.