I was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Cancer: There is Hope' started by Yellow_Forager, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 weeks ago. I've been numb pretty much ever since. We got it early and the treatment whilst aggressive was started pretty much straight away (God bless the NHS). I'm a nurse so I'm aware of the realities of it all and what could happen but I feel so removed from it.

I'm not scared of dying, I used to be but over the past 6 years I've experienced things which have cured me of that particular fear. However I'm scared of losing my life and spark and potentially dying in a great amount of pain.

I'm finding it pretty hard.

I suppose I just needed to spit that out somewhere.

2. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

My prayers and thoughts are with you. That is a tough battle to fight. Stay strong and know we all support you.

3. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

Thank you Tazer.

4. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear that Yellow, I hope that the treatment and recovery is not too hard on you. Stay strong, like Tazer said, we will support you. My thoughts are with you

5. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

Thank you Mama peace. That means a lot.

6. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

I am sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and I am sending you positive vibes.

I strongly reccomend getting your hands on a copy of this:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465472/

If you can't pay for it send me a PM and I will buy it for you.

7. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

Thank you Shivaya. I'm going to order that now, thank you so much for your very kind offer.

8. ThomasHC

ThomasHC Banned

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear that, Forager... Be Strong and Be Well. My Mother had breast cancer and beat it. She has passed on now but it wasn't from cancer.

10. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Glad that you did spit it out and let it sit someplace that is safe.

You have caught it early and you have done all that you can medically right now to treat this, so now is the time for you to be good to yourself and heal.

My thoughts are with you and be good to yourself as it does make a difference.

We will be here when you need a spot to sit in.

Take care of you
    Heather

11. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

it's good though that you are getting treatment

you might want to look into combining acupuncture and chinese herbal medicine with your treatments

if you wanted to do that though, it's important to coordinate things with your physician

here's hoping you have a speedy recovery!

12. stash napt

stash napt Member

Speaking from my own personal experience dealing with loved one's going through cancer, I can say that allot of other things besides your standered treatment can go ALONG way in aiding your battle. For one, ingesting marijuana oil and rubbing it on the place of cancer helps significantly. THC and other connabinoids help to stimulate your indo-conabinoid receptors which aid in cutting off the blood flow to the cancer cells. If you haven't watched the rick simpson story then I suggest you do. I also suggest taking vitamin B17 suppliments or eating lots of food with B17 in them such as cashews and other nuts. Here's a link to a decent website about it http://www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/ Also removing synthetic chemicals from your diet goes ALONG way too. Preservatives, artificial sugars, GMO's, plastics, food dyes and a wide array of other crap you find in all processed foods and most non-organics are destructive on your body and for the most part tend to be VERY carcinogenic. Eating a rich healthy organic diet is NECESSARY when fighting cancer. Meditation and yoga help allot too.

13. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I just saw this thread tonight. I was wondering where you drifted off too. Be well, Be strong and fight like hell. My thoughts are with you.

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Yellow, you have a hell of a road, but the signposts look good.
    Make sure you pamper yourself from time to time, to feel good about your body.

A buddy of mine walked through the fire of throat cancer, and he reflected that if he learned what he was supposed to during his time with cancer (after the first month, he stopped calling it a battle) he'd walk through. He did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIf_n5rQ_vc&sns=em"]here is the song

15. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Thinking of you and sending positive energy. Remember to take care of yourself.

16. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

Thank you all so much for your kind messages.
    So sorry for taking so long to reply, I caught a cold and it knocked me for six.
    If I'm honest I am really struggling with this.

17. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I pray for you daily. Be tuff.

18. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

19. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Struggling is ok and honest is the best thing. That you can go there and admit it means that you are still battling this in your own way and winning. It is not easy to do but you are doing it!

Colds and such are knock downs for anyone who has immune problems and a simple cold is not that when you do have a suppressed immune system. Take the time to look after yourself and be good to yourself.

Thinking of you and hang in there as it will get easier.
    Heather

20. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I am so sorry your going thru this and my prayers and thoughts/love are with you!!!

Good luck sweetheart [​IMG]

21. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Not sure how I missed this thread... Sorry you are going through this. I hope you can get ahead of this. Wishing good health for you.