I was born in the WRONG decade.

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by freexspirit29, Aug 15, 2008.

1. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

I was born in 1993 and I'm 14 going on 15 but everytime I watch a documentary on the 1960's or listen to music from that time, I get a feeling, kind of like nostalgia, like I want to be there. I would give ANYTHING in the world to have been part of the flower-child generation. I hate the time I'm in. Are there any other teenagers who are like this?

2. the_stoners_munchy

the_stoners_munchy Guest

Hello Hello.. Im 20 and I consider myself a "Flower-Chlid" and so does everybody else I associate myself with. Usually when I watch documenterys about the "Hippie" era, itz always about drugs and cops. I dont consider Hippies as dope heads or Rioters.. I consider them as peacful people whom only wanted the freedom that america claims that we have.They rioted because their loved ones were being pushed into a war against their will, and they were being killed for "america". Ive never had a loved one go to a war, but I can only imagine.. if someone told my brother that he HAD to go to war weither he liked it or not, i would riot to. Hippies were as I said peacful people. They felt the music they listened to. They felt what they said. they werent liars or con-artist. they were loving and friendly. thats why there was so many of them, because people whom share the same emotions and compassion, couldnt resist each other.. yah I sure your like well ur only 20 how the hell do you know all this stuff. well I was once friends with an AWESOME man. he was the #1 coolest old man ive ever known and he made me wise to the world..

3. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

You're right. I've seen in documentaries that some of them were just violent druggies but some were peaceful and loving.

4. Magic Blue Hair

Magic Blue Hair Member

maybe you were hippie in your earlier life

5. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

I wouldn't be surprised. It's really strange feeling.

6. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

yeah, and overdosed at a young age while ignoring your clap because you wanted to be jim morrison or whatnot.

personally, i wanted to be an adult during WWII. now those people LIVED.

7. Magic Blue Hair

Magic Blue Hair Member

maybe she was Jim Morrison himself in earlier life :p

8. DancingBears64

DancingBears64 Member

Free Spirit- don't hate the time you are in, embrace it. I agree that it is difficult to live in society these days, but it's our beliefs and our choices that set us apart. Don't dwindle on the past, live in the present. I too wish I could have lived in the 60s but there is no way to go back. What I do is bring a bit of the 60s counterculture into my every day life- whether it's my clothes, the music I listen to, or the way I talk. Stay strong sister, have fun in your life- don't live a life of regrets.

:peace:

9. Midnight_Toker420

Midnight_Toker420 Member

yeah man i feel the same. born in '91 myself, but it just doesnt feel right.

10. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

Thanks, dancing bear. I try to make the best of it but i can be tough sometimes. this place is pretty cool though, it's made me feel better being able to talk to other people my age who actually care about things!

11. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Exactly, I dont own much stuff that is the same age as me or younger! Its quite lame being born in 91' No offense to midnight toker :)
    /|\ Peace of the Grove
    Alex

12. StillMourning

StillMourning Member

I'm exactly the same.

13. mrs.winwood

mrs.winwood Member

YES! YES! YES!
    i'm 13, and i have a crush on steve winwood.
    i wish i could go back and time and be part of the time! i only regret that it would have a domino effect and change our world today, and i wouldn't be able to bare to live with myself altering what that time is to us, to those who'd be growing up now.

ps- any other raw vegans?

14. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Freespirit , you can create the time you wish to be in simply by living the way you would have had you been born into that time. It doesnt matter that this is 2008...you can make it any erea you want inside your own home.
    Be happy !

15. liberer

liberer Member

the "nostalgia" feeling you get whenever you hear, read, watch things from the 60s .. i get that too!

but, appreciate the time you do live in.. and benefit from it.
    'time' doesn't define anything.

i do understand where you are coming from though.

love you! :)

16. Indica.Skye

Indica.Skye Member

hey i was born in '91 too! i know what you guys mean, though. i totally feel the same way. but freexspirit, just live your life the way you would if you lived in the 60s. time is just an illusion :)

17. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

Ah, I love the people on these boards.

You guys are great.

Thanks for the support :)

18. The_Egg

The_Egg Member

Stop and think about the not so good stuff of the 60s. And the stuff that followed the 60s that leads us to where we are now. Enjoy who you are and when you live. This is your time that was theres. They wanted to change the world too and now look at us. Just enjoy yourself.

19. YoungHippieDream

YoungHippieDream Member

Sometimes I feel the same, that I want to go back to that era. But we have to realise it's the 21th century. They are still out there! And the revolution never ended. It just depends on yourself, you. You can be in the 60s! Just reach out your hand and grab it :)

20. DerrtyJake

DerrtyJake Member

I feel the exact same way. I'm always talking to those who live in the 60s and 70s and I'm like I should have been there. I hate the ideals of this day and age.