I want to quit my job and live my life.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by peaceband_chick, Jan 4, 2005.

1. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

I want to quit around March, right around the time for income tax, and the company I'm with gives out bonus' around that time, hopefully will be around $1000, so with this little cushion money, I want to float and do what I feel. I would like to travel a little bit, but not blow all my money in a week and then go get another job right away. I have been thinking about taking a road trip, but I don't know where yet that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I want to quit school and live my life
    it ain't happenin' though

3. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I'm right about at that point too...ready to just drop it all, pick up and travel a bit.
    I have college training in computer science that is now obsolete, and intend to go back for another degree in something that I'll enjoy more such as theology or philosophy or art...

But for right now the only thing holding me down is my job and a handful of bills...I'm pondering the idea of saving up and spending $0 for the next several months so I have enough to afford bills for a good long while job or no job, then just quitting and living life to the fullest for a while...

4. hiro

hiro pursue it

I want to do the same thing without going super broke.

5. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

l'd love to quit work and live life, but to live my life l need lots of dollars. Gotta work now got a morgage.

6. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

I guess I'm lucky, because I only have car insurance, rent, and two lizards to take care of. I think I'm going to do it though. I feel like I'm suffocating where I am right now. Everything is so stagnant that I can't breathe. I think if I get away for even like a week things will look greatly improved.

7. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I wanna be a dentist....

8. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I want to be free too. Need a travelin' buddy? I promise I'm easy to get along with! Rescue me from this town before I get sucked into a big black hole!!!!!

9. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

If you have any 'cushion' or enough money to get out of there...

[​IMG]

You can always stop by for a visit in mountains:)

10. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

go for it...why waste any more time? life is for livin, not for wasting away

11. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

I was planning on doing this around March, so by then hopefully I will have a good sized little chunk of money to hold me over. I don't know where to go, but anywhere away from where I am would be fine for a little bit. Though I know what I'm trying to get away from is a frame of mind, not technically a physical place.