I want to lose 10 lbs in about 6 weeks, who's with me?!

Discussion in 'Deadbear's Gym' started by meepmeep5000, Jul 4, 2006.

1. meepmeep5000

meepmeep5000 Member

hey i'm tracy-
    i'm 5'4 about 156 lbs and female... I really want to lose about 15-20 lbs by the time school comes in Sept. I am going to plan to start my diet including: 1200-1400 cal/day 60 g fat 40-60 g protein and 150-250 g of carbohydrates/day. I plan to walk my dog 40 mins or more most days, rebound, walk, bike for 30 mins 3 times a week and do weights and floor exercises 3 days a week. I want some support. I haven't started yet but plan to do a 4 day cleanse/fast.

Let me know if you want to join up!
    email me at icanfly7@hotmail.com

your friend,
    Tracy

2. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

Im in, I just weighed myself 210lbs!, I used to be 270, got down to 180 with a lot of hard work, but slowly crept back up to 210. I'd like to get to 190 in 6 weeks. You got email!

-AU

3. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I recently took out my kitchen scale, measuring cups and spoons. I'm doing the weigh-your-food plan. Have lost about 30# and have 25# more to go. The latter half is decreasing slowly.
    What's up with that cleanse/fast?

4. meepmeep5000

meepmeep5000 Member

hey yall.
    i'm going to start the master cleanse tomorrow for 3 or 4 days. I ate nothing today except for pasta with veg for dinner. i'm feeling good. I hope that I can shrink my stomach capacity so it'll be easier to control my portions and hunger.

5. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

No, no you cannot lose weight that way, your body is not that dumb. It is designed to survive, if you eat less than you normal do or starve yourself, you will just gain more fat because your body will store everything you eat instead of digesting it because it thinks your killing it.

The key to losing wight is reducing your calories, if you eat more calories than you need or burn then your body will turn them into fat. A person who works out needs more calories than a person who sits in front of a TV all day.

1. Watch your calorie intake
    2. find a diet that suits you or make your own
    3. plant protein instead of animal
    4. eat foods that speed up your metabolism - digestive system
    5. Drink water only instead of any other beverage.
    6. Breath and relax so your digestive system can work smoothly burn all that fat

If you eat healthy and give your body all the substances it needs to function, it will start burning you excess fat because it is not worried about you starving it.

http://www.mypyramid.gov/ Helps you calculate how much calories you need based on your sex, age, and physical activity. A person who does more physical activity needs more calories than a person who does less.

6. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

Beautiful links and advice Inquiring-Mind I agree 100%! and I love the website!

7. aphrodite_pretty

aphrodite_pretty Member

I'm working on the Slim Fast thing. I'm 154.5 and 5'4". I'd like to get down to 140 by Sept. So I'm in!

8. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

I worked with a guy who did the slim fast thing, he gave up pop at the same time and lost 10lbs in a week or so.

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I'm in. I'm not going to reveal my weight but I am 5'9.5" and I would like to lose 10-15 pounds before my b-day on Aug 17th. Only prob is I have a hard time staying away from sweets and alchohol. any suggestions on how to cut calories in this department? ps-I do not ingest art. sweetners

10. lynsey

lynsey Banned

that's really good advice thanks I need to start following that

11. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

i want to lose 10 lbs badly. I plan to run everyday and cut down my soda and junk food intake.

12. meepmeep5000

meepmeep5000 Member

Hey yall,
    I've lost 2 lbs so far... how is everyone else doing? I've been eating well since I finished my fast last week and I'm feeling inspired. This week I'm going on a slimfast style diet except instead of using preprepared shakes I'm making my own from fruit/veg and silken tofu. I'm planning to use this for 2 or 3 weeks, maybe more. I'm also considering fasting one day a week for cleansing and spiritual reasons. Since my 3 day fast I've not been very hungry and it's been very easy to control my eating.

If anyone needs a little motivation I recommend going to myvirtualmodel.com under weight loss and creating a model of you now and you at your ideal weight. I created one and now I finally have some idea of how I'll look after I lose 17 lbs...its pretty great! Good luck and persevere!

Your friend,
    Tracy

13. honeyofabee!

honeyofabee! Member

hey, anyone know of anything i can eat or take to speed up my motabilism?

14. meepmeep5000

meepmeep5000 Member

nothing but vigorous exercise and eating right m'dear!

15. HungryJoe

HungryJoe Member

I've lost six pounds over the last two weeks. I've just started my diet though but I lose the weight like I am right now I will reach my goal by the summer. It will be good times.

16. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Green tea and yerba mate will give your metabolism a bit of a zing.

And mypyramid.gov kicks my ass. My whole health class had to sign up for it last year and I've been using it ever since.