I want people to know about it

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by ZePpeLinA, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

well, basically I'm a bit tired of stereotypes and such, but there's nothing I can do against them so I guess I'l start by saying that I'm bisexual, though not many people know about this.

One of the problems that I've encountered is trying to meet girls. I always get chatted up by guys but I see myself more interested in looking at the girls dancing next to me! LOL, anyway. If I go to a club or a pub, how am i supposed to let other girls know that I'm "available"...I've tried eye contact and see if they're interested, but I'm often afraid I might be wrong about a girl who's looking at me cos it could either mean she fancies me or she likes my hair!!! I feel intimidated, what if I make a mistake and i offend her by staring at her and trying to make eye contact?

anyway if i cant guess who might be into me, how can i let other girls know of my preferences? any subtle symbology or mannerisms that can give it away?

thanks folks!

2. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

tell them! most girls are open-minded about it. a guy asks another guy and could end up in a fight... girls tend to say yes or no and be mature about it

3. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

thanks for you reply jesikhaviolet ...yeah that would be most likely to happen, but i already had a weird experience, not long ago, I was at a gig and I approached this girl who I've known for a while and she was always making comments about how good I smell (lol) and stuff like that, so I assumed she was interested.

At the end of the night we were sitting on this sofa, really comfortable, talking about stuff, and I really wanted to let her know that I liked her. I just tried to find a good moment to tell her what i was thinking and when i finally got the chance I said "can i kiss you?" and she got all weird about it, like "wow oh my god" but she was cool with it and kissed me (yay!) it was pretty nice, we kissed for about 2 minutes...but then she got all weird again and when to the toilet and I could tell she wasnt really comfortable and so I just let her go.

I dont now, it seems so easy but itsn't really. anyway any more sugestions?

4. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

ummm... flirt shamelessly? check her out and smile whilst greeting her by 'babe' instead of her name, don't hold back as in let your outgoing energy flooow... wear rainbow jewellery?
    ee I dunno that would let ME know you're interested. haha

5. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

rainbow jewerlly?? mmm...i havent thought about that. I have a rainwbow belt..is that any good?

Is wearing rainbow jewerly a way to show my sexual preferences? Is it like a standard symbol used for this purpose?

6. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

yup
    usually means 'im gay or bi'. some people wear it just to show that they are open-minded. And yes, a rainbow belt is very good ;)

7. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

oh i see......might try that too, but will it be enough? i mean if i could wear a tshirt saying "I'm bi and single" i would... LOL ;)

8. freakoflove

freakoflove Member

If I saw a gurl with a rainbow belt, I would definately approach her... I'd go up to her and be like, "Wassup gurl?" Hehe. But I really think your belt would be enough.. And just try to make your "check-outs" and compliments noticeable.