I use to be litterbug

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by Thethirdbenjamin, May 10, 2004.

1. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

Its ironic in a sense i use to be lazy llitterbug, littering because its convient but after geting a job as a maintance worker i guess you can say it changed my perception about "droping garbage where ever you please".

Part of my duties include cleaning up the parking lot and well cars drive by all the time and people just throw there garbage out the window without a care in there life.

I think part of the reason why i changed was well it kinda made me rethink and start careing alot more about keeping things clean.

Not only that but it changed my old habits of just throwing things where ever i want.

So maybe if everyone started caring alot more about cleaning and somehow everyone changed there habits maybe there whouldn't be as much litter out there.

I know that in US there are litter laws but not there in canada, even in the capital.

2. 18daydreamer

18daydreamer Member

:p I used to b a litter bug 2. its easy to throw your trash out the window but allot harder not to. congrads =) every little bit counts

3. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

only 2 things can be seenon earth with the naked eye from space....and one of them is a landfill in new york

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

what i dont gett about littering, is that it is so easy to just leave whatever garbage you have in your car, then throw it out at the nearest thrashbag.
    Example: your drinking a big gulp, you finish, and you have a choice of a cup holder a foot, possibly mere inches away, but instead you decide risk your life, and everyone elses in on the road to roll down your window and chuck it outside. As far as i am concerned, to litter(on the roadway) is going out of your way to destroy the enviroment.

5. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

I was walking by the park oneday and i just couldn't understand how theres garbage 3 feet away from a trash can.

are people that lazy, literaly all that person had to do is walk 4 more steps and he/she could have thrown there trash in the garbage bin.

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

some people feel they are rebelling, i suppose.

it IS your home after all, keep it clean!

i can often be seen picking up garbage in the fields near my house. some of them broke 40 ounces back there though, and i couldnt pick all the little pieces up :(

7. adigaskell

adigaskell Member

It is annoying how some people do the things that they do. Was driving behind a car last week and they must have thrown about 10 cans out of their window during the journey.

Very fustrating.

8. dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater Member

i use to litter aswell, and i clearly remember the day i stopped. I was drinking a bottle of orange juice and just threw it on the ground when i was finished. The bottle bounced on the asphalt and rolled a few feet before coming to a stop. A couple inches away sat a trash can. I got to thinking "AM i that inconsiderate that i could not walk a couple feet further and throw it out"? All around the trash can was trash and ironically very little was in the can itself. I picked up all that i could and disposed of it. From that day on i have not littered.

9. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I saw this picture when i was a little kid, it was at the end of woodstock, and a bunch of people left, and some of the remaining people took all the garbage and made a giant peace sign that you could like see from an airplane. Man i really wish i could find that pic

10. imabuildingburning

imabuildingburning Member

I'm not really proud of it, but I guess I'm kinda a litterbug. The thing is, I know how wasteful and lazy the rest of the human race is, so this planet's gonna be fucked pretty soon either way. I just can't help but feel like a sucker if I keep a bunch of trash in my car all day to wait until I get to a garbage can. The trash I throw out makes no difference. I know that's the wrong attitude, and if no one thought that way then there'd be no litter whatsoever, which would be great...but unfortunately, there are just way too many other disrespectful people in the world (myself included, I guess).

11. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

When you litter you don't rally care all you are careing about or for the time being is your self.

In this case your caring about your own personal convience.

I'm not accusing you or anything i just think that in general its just people don't rally care, they care about there own personal convience.

12. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

that is NO excuse.

it starts with one person man. you DO make a difference, whether you like it or not.

i gathered some trash at a nearby field and returned an hour or so later to finish picking up.

low and behold, it was gone!

13. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

It's funny to because i'm the only guy in the entire maintance department, will actualy out of the three people in maintance department that actually takes care of the garbage problem.