I tried to come up with some eye-catching title..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ralyks, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ralyks

ralyks Member

... but alas I could not..

Hello :)
    My name is Skylar, and I'm from the rocky mountains in BC, Canada. I am going to be 16 years old this summer, and so I have a feeling I might be a little bit of a youngin' in these forums. I haven't really lurked too much.

I never really know what to write in these introductory type posts.. However I can already tell that this is going to be a very welcome place to me. I look forward to meeting you all!

2. Welcome!
    I feel your pain with the not knowing exactly what to write?
    What could you possibly say to attract perfect strangers? I know I always feel mildly dense when I actually try to write something. However, everyone was pretty welcome to me as I feel the intense need to return the favor.
    So again, welcome. And remember, age doesn't matter among online friends!

*psst* You write better than most of your seniors anyways.

3. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Hello Skylar & Welcome to the forums.
    Glad you found us.
    I would like to hear all about the area you live in. I have always wanted to travel and wander that area. I hear lots of good things about BC, with the exception of the winter weather...:)
    Let us know your take on living in that area.
    Peaceful thoughts your way.... Farmout :)

4. ralyks

ralyks Member

@xBeautifully_Sadisticx - Thank-you!
    Oh yes, it's always hard.
    For me personally, it seems to me that most introductions to forums are highly superficial. If I were to have my way, every person would share a tidbit or two about themselves that really means something.. But that's probably better to figure out more so on than in a introductory post.. I could go on and on about this but I shall spare you a rambling ;)
    Thanks once again, and that is true I suppose. It's nice to be able to be somewhere without being judged by your age.

:) That's one of the best compliments I can receive, haha. I'm quite the english nerd.

@farmout - Thank-you. I'm glad I stumbled upon them too.
    It's quite beautiful here, and I think a lot of people who do live here take it for granted far too often. The winters are pretty harsh though, aye. I simply cannot wait until spring rolls around! But yes, back to BC. Well, in my area there are plenty of things to do. I'm in a valley down in the middle of several mountains, so of course hiking, exploring, climbing, etc. And there are also of course many many forests, so that is terrific. The diversity of animals is something I always love. And there are also so many lakes and rivers that you simply cannot go out into the wilderness to explore without finding one! I'm not really sure what all to say, but I love it here dearly.

5. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Hey, welcome to the forum.

Don't worry. You aren't the only youngin' here. I'm only 16, myself.

Yeah, I've found it best to not worry so much about your introductory post. Introduce yourself to the world through your words that you share in other threads. They show a lot more about a person than what they initially describe themselves as.

And yay for english nerds :)

6. ralyks

ralyks Member

Thank-you.

Ah yeah, I reckoned there would be quite a wide variety of ages.

Aye, that is completely true. It's better to let people see for themselves anyways I think, as opposed to a self-diagnosis of some sort..

Heck yes :)

7. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. There's definitely people here from EVERY different 'background' you could imagine. Part of what makes the community so amazing.

8. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

Hello ralyKs Welcome to the forums.
    good to have you here ,PEACE.
    p.s great intro, enjoy have fun.

9. deadguy

deadguy Member

Welcome Skylar! :)

10. Naruto

Naruto Member

Welcome