I totally ruined dinner last night

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bluesafire, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

Head south into New Mexico and/or Arizona. Campiing is phenominal and plenty of natives around there. I grew up in that area. You will love it.

2. Wild Mountain Dave

and y'all can stop on your way through and I'll make you some sghetti that wont frighten you. hehe

3. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

we definitely will, Dave. Ill probably hit you up when were in the area for some cuisine and recreation advice.
    :cheers2:

4. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

I know what you mean.. I prefer nature too. I love camping out!

awesome! how long you guys gonna be on the road and when will you be in Washington?

5. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

This happened to me yesterday!!
    My bf and I got it into opur heads we were going to make a Thanksgiving dinner yesterday just for the hell of it, so we bought a turkey, squash, potatoes, the works.
    20lb turkey, so my mom says put it in for 10 hrs (1/2hr/lb). We did. Got a wonderful stuffing recipe from my aunt and was confident all was well.
    No one told me to cover the bird.
    No one told me to sautee the bread if I wasn't going to toast it before making the stuffing.
    No one told me to pull the tail down off of the drumsticks or the oil from the outside would pool in the cavity and make my already soggy stuffing into pudding.
    Result:
    The skin was like papyrus.
    The breast meat directly under it was orange and dry.
    Everything was too salty.
    The drippings were gross and not suitable for gravy (tasted like vegetable oil).
    The stuffing was, like I said before, pudding.
    Everything else was fine, though... As in everything everyone else cooked but me. :(
    Our friends were good sports about it. I got a few compliments on the stuffing (which I put in the over a few more minutes till it was a more palatable consistency), and the general consensus was that it was better than college food... because that means so much. :rolleyes:

6. Wild Mountain Dave

I will look forward to it. We are blessed with a gorgeous area and any chance I get to show off, I will.

7. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Hahaha! Here's to ruined dinners and the stories we get to tell about 'em afterward! :cheers2:

8. Wild Mountain Dave

plus, I dig you two and would love to hang a bit.

9. Ocean Bionic

lol. those are grrrrreat questions. probably late april. do you think the weather will be suitable for outdoor slumbering by then?

10. Ocean Bionic

if i'm not mistaken, you're in Colorado right?

11. Wild Mountain Dave

Northern Colorado, yup.

12. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

this is so exciting! You guys so have to come over and hang with us, plus I can tell you some great places to visit too. I'll make my husband cook... he makes really great homemade sushi rolls, ya know. :p Yes, April will be warm enough to camp I think, except it might still be rainy then.. hard to say. June or July is the best time in Washington.. it's fucking gorgeous then.

We go into Vancouver sometimes.. it's a big modern city but fun too, lots to do, a big asian culture and GREAT food. Been meaning to get to Victoria island but haven't yet. The Olympic national forest on the penninsula is amazing... you should totally go camp there.

13. Ocean Bionic

not to shabby. say, whats the driving situation like from that area to central California in mid to late march?? should we have safe passage along the highway?

oh man, we love sushi. Oysters, Crawfish AND SUSHI. we're just asking for mercury poisoning.:biggrin: we have some experience making some basic rolls, so we could surely help out.

Im really stoked about checking out Victoria. From all i've heard, I hear its pretty damn gorgeous during the spring, as well. thanks for the suggestion! All you have to do is name a cool spot to check out, and I guarantee you it will make it on the list of places stop at. we want to see it all.

14. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

alright you guys, sounds good. just PM me as the time gets closer. :)

15. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I haven't ruined a dinner lately...

But...have you ever had to eat something at another person's house that tasted like ass? Last week I had to eat this disgusting couscous salad that had the texture of wet sand...

16. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Sounds flavorful...
    :puke:

17. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I almost ruin dinner all the time. Still not the greatest cook in the world...and Daniel's sick, so I get to cook tonight. Oh nooo! Haha. The other day, I bought some pasta bake thingy at the store and realized just as I pulled it out that I had put the package of bread crumbs in there instead of the seasoning. But I saved it, somehow I was able to get the seasoning in there without making too big of a disaster, and it turned out pretty damn good. Tonight's big endeavor- heating up some frozen chicken strips, corn, and instant potatoes because I didn't have enough money on me at the store to buy real ones, lol.

18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You should make the sauce yourself. Homemade sauce is much better than the stuff in the jars.

19. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

yeah, I can't stand alfredo sauce in jars. I make a really good one when I use cream... but plain milk doesn't work at all, as I found out. :eek:

20. Wild Mountain Dave