I told my girlfriend!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by Borgy, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Borgy

Borgy Member

Tonight I whent out with my girlfriend and her best friend. The three of us whent to the cinema and after watching the fil we whent to have a coffee at starbucks. We were having a normal conversation when our friend (who knew i was bi) sais out loud i'm bi (she thought my girlfriend knew about it). You can imagen the reaction of my girlfriend; she was absolutelly shocked, she didn't say a thing she just stood there with her eyes wide open trying to asimilate what she just heard!!! At the end she just said she respected the fact that I'm bi and said she didn't care much, although it was really shocking for her!!

I don't know what she'll say or do to me tomorrow but I hope everything goes ok and our relationship stays how it is right now!!:(

2. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Good. Not bad. Could've been worse.

Despite what everyone always says, it's better that she heard it from someone else.

3. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

hope it all works out well for you both...

4. peace057

peace057 Member

I hope everything goes well! When I told my boyfriend that I am bisexual the same type of thing happened. He freaked out for a little bit (Understandbale though, I mean his girlfriend of a year and 1/2 just told him that she likes girls) but then he said that he accepted me. It has become the one topic that we hardly ever talk about but I know, at the very least, that he supports me and that telling him WAS NOT the end of our relationship.

5. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

you probably should've told her since the beginig, but i understand. it's really hard to say those things, expecially if the person might not be understanding

6. apple seed

apple seed Member

how nice it feels to be out to someone you love. maby tomorow will be diff, but for right now. injoy the feeling. i am happy for you.

love and blessings

7. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

not much of a big deal.. if say you were gay and just with her for.. i dunno then that would be a problem.

8. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

Like has been said the absence of bad is good in cases like this. Keep the lines of commnication open & enjoy each other. Now you can enjoy each other on a level playing field.

9. gertie

gertie Senior Member

i hope the best for you both. i really seem to find that some people have a harder time comprehending bi than straight or gay.

10. Borgy

Borgy Member

The other day i finally spoke with my girlfriend and....well she was kinda strange but she said she accepted it and that she didnt care much. But i could feel that things between us were a bit wierd and i also notice that things have changed too much!

I really don't know what to do. She has demonstrated me by accepting it that she loves me but i'm not sure if i want things the way thy are now!!!!

11. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

I hope everything goes well

12. Adgreyga

Adgreyga Member

wow, that really coulda been worse

if i were you i wouldnt wait for her to come to me with her thoughs, bc by then (well usually when theyre shocked and maybe confused) she may have already prejudged you before she lets her feelings out to you about what she feels about the situation

if i were her i would really appreciate it if you called asap to see how she feels about it
    you should come to her 1st and not wait it out, give her your feelings or just ask her to tell you her opinon where she may be more open to it as you came to her
    unless you feel she may not even care much about it.....

13. RxHEAD

RxHEAD Member

Wish you the best in this, only it is normal for things now to be different. She has just found out a total new thing about you and this is normal, between a couple when the other finds out of the fact in your case that you are also attracted to males as well as her.

Honestly, expect her to to look at things differently than before, especially the way she reacts to your friendships with other males. You may find her mind wondering and insecurities of your friendships or hanging out with other males. She now has to think of the Males in your life as being competition to her as well as females. She most likely has alot of major thoughts going on in her mind.

You may need to discuss the issue of your sexuality and what she expects from you as far as say monogamy or if she expects you to be dating other males as well as her or what your thoughts are now that the sexuality is out in the open. As far as your feelings of what it is that you feel is best regarding males and the role in your relationship with your Girlfriend. There is alot to discuss and as you said things seem to be different. This is true, they will now always be just that --different.

Peace and positive whishes to you -