I think I may be.....

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by TheLittleOne, Jan 20, 2005.

1. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

I might be...not positive...just paranoid...that I might be pregnant.
    I have a boyfriend, and we have sex pretty much every day. There's been a couple times where we just started out without a condom...
    Soo...I was supposed to get my period around the 15th..it's the 20th now...I've been cramping, pmsing, breaking out, mood swings, all that good stuff...but no period..
    So we're both pretty concerned. Of course he knows what's going on...I also know it can be late due to stress, diet, etc, which has happened before. But this time..I know there's a risk because we're so sexually active.
    I've already looked into some obgyn's and found some abortion clinics.
    Any advice/comments?

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

Hi
    If you think you are pregnant, get one of those home pregnancy test and do another three days later if your period doesnt come down. If both turn out negative and your period still doesnt come, go to your doctor and get on the pill. If you happen to be pregnant, it's best that you find out about it soon so you are able to make decisions concerning your pregnancy. either way, you shouldnt be having unprotected sex if you're not planning to be a mum yet. It's doesnt take that long to see the doctor and getting the pill.

3. TheLittleOne

Hey buddy..accidents happen. And i'm sure as hell not having a damn baby.

4. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Give it a rest. This thread isn't about one's opinions on abortion, but rather wether she may be pregnant or not. I wouldn't adopt out a baby to someone with such comtempt as you anyways.

_ _ _ _

The best thing for you to do is to not put this off. Since your period is 5 days late the test should be accurate. Maybe buy 2 just in case, and wait a few days between them.

Just don't put it off. A pregnancy doesn't disappear with time.

5. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Seriously you should look into birth control. Nothing is going to protect you 100% from getting pregnant, but using condoms and bc at the same time can really help your chances of staying safe. I have had late periods and pregnancy scares before, but the one time I actually was pregnant, it was weird how I just knew instead of being just concerned. I just felt it. And I have heard that same thing from alot of women. The strange part was that the night I conceived I felt so strongly as though I had just gotten pregnant, but then dismissed it because I figured I was just being paranoid. But I had this weird intuition about it and then when my period was late I just knew. I'm not suggesting though that that is the way to tell......it was just strange I guess. Anyway, if you have any questions about abortion feel free to pm me. Best wishes.

6. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

7. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

Like others have recommended, start with a home preg. test. I know you can find them for as little as $7 (Canadian) around here.

And get yourself on some birth control! The pill, the patch, depo or seasonale, -something- to keep from freakin out over this (ok, maybe you're not freaking out, but I would be). Some post-secondary institutes will subsidize birth control (I only pay $7.50 for three months of birth control, cuz I use depo)

and ignore Michael. Best solution.

8. TheLittleOne

My situation gives you no right to judge me. Are you a 19 year old worried about concieving? No. So shut up.

9. TheLittleOne

well...thanks

10. urbangal

urbangal Member

Little one, definately agree with everyone else. Sometimes when we think we are pregnant we stress ourselves out causing period delays. I know because that happened to me a couple of times. Wait, take the test, then if you do decided to have an abortion make it your one and only one. After that look into birth control and practice safe sex ALWAYS. I had one abortion-it was icky. Protected sex/birth control is the best way to avoid an "oops!" if you are sexually active.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

11. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

Go buy a pregancy test or teo and see. They aren't that much. And may i ask why you are against looking into adoption?

Get yourself on some birth control. I understand your position more than you could know. You have to be smart and safe. I know this is a thread to help you out, and you can make any choice you want, but I can't help but say if you are pregnant, it's not the baby's fault. Urbangal is right. If you do decide to abort, make it your last. Abortion should not be used as birth control. be smart and responsible or you are not ready to be having sex.

Get yourself tested and then check out your options. There ARE many people (sane people) who would love to care for a baby. Many pay for prenatal care and the hospital bills and everything. I would just think through everything very carefully. It's hard not to jump the gun when you are afraid. Good luck to you and I hope you're just stressed out.

Let us know!

12. TheLittleOne

Because I'm a 19 year old girl living alone in employment housing. I can't afford to carry a child. I don't want to put my body through that for nothing. Yea, the child would live, but at the expense of my health. I don't want that.
    So, hopefully I'm just psyching myself out and stressin' too much. Wish me luck.

13. TheLittleOne

I agree, and I hope you're right.

14. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

littleone i am also in a pregnant position however i know i am. its a long story!! anyways, they have ept early pregnancy tests that will show up to two weekd before you are supposed to start your period, that might work since it is so early in the pregnancy if you are inact pregnant!
    if you need anyone you can pm me, i have two kids and one on the way so i wold be glad to help as much as possible.

15. lynsey

lynsey Banned

go to the drug store and get a pregnancy test NOW. don't tell your boyfriend untill you are 100 percent sure you're pregnant as it's not fair to scare him if unecessarily assuming he doesn't want kids now. If you are pregnant think long and hard before you get an abortion adn make sure it's what you want to do and not to appease your boyfriend. I mean once it's done you can't go back so be very sure and don't rule out adoption either.

16. TheLittleOne

well my cramps are back...more consistent. some i'm hoping i'm in the clear. im getting checked out this weekend just in case

17. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

Abortion shouldnt be used as birth control- If you are sexually active and you dont want a baby then why arent you on a pill. Abortion is hard and it is something you will never forget

18. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

I'm in a waiting-period right now as well. And I can tell you, it's NOT pleasent at all.
    I've been to the doctor, he booked the ultrasound, we did the tests (urine AND blood), now I have to unfortunately, wait until Monday to find out my results. I've got 72 hours to dwell. I couldn't imagine what it's like on your end. If I am pregnant, I got pregnant ON birth control. Taking it everyday at the same time. Never skipping a pill, none of that shit. My fiancee also wears safes. So, what did I do wrong?

I know you have read this before, but please look into something like tri-cyclen, or triphasil or something. Make sure your boyfriend understands that this is serious business, and get him to wear rubbers. If you can't afford them, then get them from the free clinic. Just hope for the best, and hope it's whatever you want the outcome to be. Good luck!

19. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

LittleOne, my heart goes out to you. Everyone has already offered wonderful solutions (except Michael, big surprise) so I won't repeat any of them. Sending you lots of love, please let us know what happens - if you feel comfortable that is. And whatever you decide, if you have to decide anything, I know you'll find lots of support here. Just stay away from the negative psycho ones.

20. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

you're pregnant? How cool! Congrats!

Holly