I think I found a new species o_O

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg, May 19, 2007.

1. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

Well, I was toking up on my back porch and I got some flowers growing around my marijuana seedlings. Anyways, this thing flys up and starts sucking on the flowers, and I'm like ok, its a humming bird. But, I get closer and thsi thign doesnt even act like I'm here, and low and behold its some kinda trippy ass bug. This thing is crazy looking, you cant tell from the pictures cuase I had to use my crappy phone :(. Anyone have any ideas?

2. jirachi_pt

jirachi_pt Member

Yeah! I've seen those before, and my reaction was the same as yours, haha. I believe it's a Hummingbird Moth, but the ones I've seen have appeared a bit more yellow than the pictures on Wikipedia, if I remember correctly. I havn't seen any this year yet.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummingbird_moth

BTW, I love your post; "this thing doesnt even act like I'm here, and low and behold its some kinda trippy ass bug" had me cracking up. That's the PERFECT description of my first reaction as well.

3. Rayan

Rayan Member

Woah that really is one trippy ass bug!

4. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

Haha, I finally figured it out :p. It is a very cool bug though indeed.