I think everybody hates me.

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by MunaJadida, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MunaJadida

MunaJadida Member

I feel like everyone hates me, especially everyone at work. Some of the girls there are rude to me and no one else and a friend of mine told me that they've been talking about me behind my back and basically plotting to get me to quit. I don't know why. I work really hard, help other people out, always show up on time, and I'm nice to everybody unless they're rude to me. I've stopped taking part in conversations because my views are so different than most people's that they just end up looking at me funny and changing the subject, getting pissed, or blowing me off.

I'm so tired of being hated. It's so excruciating to go to work every day surrounded by animosity. I'm going to apply to another restaurant now that I have my tax return and can afford not to get tips for a week while I train.

I'm petrified that everybody at my new job will hate me too.

2. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

Just be as fake as possible. if no one likes the real you. show em a front. thats what all of them are doing. if everyone at work showed their true selves, no one would get any work done because they would all be so disgusted by eachother. just pretend to be "one of the guys"

3. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Shit guys she found out.........

4. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Its true. Everyone DOES hate you

5. NightPrincess

NightPrincess Member

You know you should be nice to your co-workers but dont let them disrespect you. Show them that you are confident . Maybe you are too sweet to them , and they find you clingy. You should reconsider your behaviour, my dear

6. tlove

tlove Member

yeah one thng i have foound out about people at work is that they are extemely phony and although they are phony they still have with them their personal insecurities and if you come around all bubbly and stuff people get secretly mad and try to make u as miserable as they are. Try to make u feel insecure and sad or mad because that is how they feel. If you work with females they are always in competition and very phony so try not to pay it much mind do your job and ignore the haters and dont let anyone run u away from your job and def dont let anyone disrespect you it will only get worst. Always keep a smile on your face and play the game because it is all a game fake it until u make it to where u really would like to be go to school or something get a hobbie so ur mind is occupied.

7. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

I know it sucks to work in an environment in which you're unhappy, but work is for... well, working, not making friends. Unless your job requires you to work closely with these people to get tasks done, I say fuck 'em. But it sounds like you're a server or something, so I'm guessing you don't have a lot of group projects going on. Focus on your customers and slathering on the charm to get the $$$. Go in, get your shit done, go home and forget all about the fuckheads 'til tomorrow. And chin up, pip pip. Well, whatever you decide to do.. good luck. And stop worrying so much about what (you think) others think. Like I said, fuck 'em :)

8. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

That is most likely the reason why.
    If you are doing your work and doing it well and the others aren't then your good work makes thier mediocre work that much more apparent.
    Get feedback from your boss about how you are doing and to hell with the rest of them.

9. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

Getting another job is not a bad idea either...my daughter has worked in a few food-service jobs (her last two as a waitress) and the social atmosphere was different at each place. She's really happy where she is now.

Or it could of course be the town you're in...

10. rak

rak Senior Member

A common problem at the work place is the office politics, which you seem to have become a victim of. Instead of taking it personally, just act as plane as possible, without showing them your emotions, and do not work too hard, otherwise people shall either think that you have no life or want to take over their job. That way people shall not be too nervous about having you around them.

11. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

stop going in to work with no pants on.

12. spexxx

spexxx Member

They're called co-workers, not friends. Just make that funny green and get out :D

13. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Yep. Some of the people I worked with were awful. Money went missing, homophobic comments were made. I wouldn't want friends like that, if they were the last creatures on earth!

14. TipsyGypsy

American pants, or British pants :confused:

15. The Imaginary Being

stop going in to work with no kilt on.

16. TipsyGypsy

Ah, gotcha!

17. The Imaginary Being

18. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Just remember you are there to make money not friends.

Peace Out,
    Rev J