I stole some gas..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by JohnnyATL, Jan 16, 2005.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

oh yea, its amazing. though, the gas station clerk looks at you funny, but it gets the job done...

2. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

If they don't want people stealing gas, they shouldn't charge so much for it. The local paper said that "pump & runs" have increased by 400%. That's insane. Not only that, but it also said that in the past most gas-stealing incidents were for amounts less than 5 dollars, now it's usually over 25 bucks.

They wanna get greedy with that shit, I say they deserve to get ripped off. If people could afford to fill up, they wouldn't have to steal it. ;)

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Are you serious? They would charge less if they could.

4. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

5. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

You must laugh at yourself alot then. ;)

6. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

Thank you moonshyne :)

7. phillyrp314

phillyrp314 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What about the Mom & Pop Gas stations, i.e. privately owned businesses? They have to pay to get the gas into their pumps. They aren't making much of a profit. When people steal gas from then, even little amounts, it hurts their business and they end up losing money on the gas. Then they can't compete with with the large corporate-owned gas stations. The people who are "charging too much for gas" aren't the local stations you visit. They're just the middle men. It's the companies or cartels that control the source of the gas who jack up the prices.

Sure, I hate paying 2$ a gallon for fuel, but in reality, we're the lucky ones. Try looking to see what people overseas have to pay for gas. And ironically, they're closer to the source of the oil then we are.

Trying to justify theft because something is being sold more than what somebody believes it should be just doesn't make sense. Especially when the people who truly get hurt from it are your neighbors, rather than the big greedy corporations you're trying to hurt.

8. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

we need to start thinking of serious new ways to power cars anyway... all the gas'll be gone in a few years :p so you won't be able to nick it anymore

9. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

It wasent a mom and pop gas station though. I took it from Quik Trip, a major gas corporation which is on americas top 100 buisness list. They get 1000s of dollars a day in gas. Its not like im gonna put them out of buisness it was a 1 time thing.

10. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Why didn't you just hang around until you could ask someone for two dollars. I've had folk approach me numerous times at the gas station asking for money, I assume no harm in giving five dollars here and there. I'd appreciate it if I was ever in that position, there was someone who would do the same.

And I agree with most of the others... if gas is so evil, then empower a bike.

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

haha. dave is the king of hitch hiking and bumming change for gas, he was such a stoner. anyway, he was driving a company truck back form oklahoma, back when we couldn't afford ramen noodles. he ran out of gas, and money. a few people pitched in a bough thim some gas. very humbling experience.

12. phillyrp314

phillyrp314 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

That doesn't negate the fact that it's still stealing. Your one time thing is multiplied across the country, and ends up hurting the consumers that work and PAY for their own fuel. They factor in the cost of people swiping gas and place it on the honest people.

You can sweeten up your reasons or try to justify them, but in the end it's still theft.

13. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Yeah, stealing something to go buy something......a bit of an oxymoron. That's pretty funny that someone would rather get arrested than run out of booze.....