I still think that too many people take me too seriously and can't understand me..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

And you know what? I feel helpless... That's why I am bothering you again, because it frustrates me so much right now that I need to talk about it. You know, that's just the way I am, I'll feel better once I've let it out.

I think I am a pretty complicated person, but it seems that everybody else thinks I am just a plain idiot. And maybe I am, an idiot, but there is so much more to it. Anyways, I just feel like shit, I feel like maybe I should just be serious all the time, so no one interprets what I say the wrong way, or even tries to interpret it at all!.. Maybe I should just stop joking around, so no one thinks I'm trying to act clever, or smartass. Maybe I should start taking these forums SO SERIOUSLY. I think you guys would see me turn into a completely different person. But do I even care what everyone thinks? Most of the time, I don't.. but if there is one thing that I hate, is when I'm misunderstood. When people think I am someone I am not, and have never been, postive or negative, I'd rather be ignored.. I mean sometimes, it makes me laugh what some people think about me, but sometimes it just shocks me.. depends on my mood, I guess? Or maybe on how much I get.

Like it's not gonna be fun to post here anymore if I can't be light and silly sometimes. If I can't be dark and mean sometimes. If I can't mock or .. whatever. But do I have to be SERIOUS? Does anyone have to be? Why is it that the most sarcastic people on these forums are so hated - cause that's what I've noticed!

What I say is.. get a freakin sense of humor, and loosen up.

Well, thanks for listening to my selfish bullshit one more time :)

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

penny i've never thought anything bad of you i always thought you just seekmed sweet & i always liked what you've had to say\
    evryone knows i can get pretty sarcastic too when faced with utter stupidity or close mindedness & yea i can piss people off at times when i get like that..& frankly i enjoy it cause i know that theyre just pissed cause i'm prying open theyre little minds & forcing em to face reality through sarcasm.. but i think in general people "get me" & understand i'm noyt an asshole, i just play one when i need to

3. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Thank you eagle..

I don't think that I'm seen as a bitch, but more as a smartass, proud, "frenchie".. or as an idiot... and I know that the way a lot of people think of me. I don't actually care about what they think, it's more being misunderstood so much of the time that pisses me off a bit.. well right now anyways. Maybe in an hour I'll think "fuck them!!" :p

But yeah.. I was called a dictator several times too. I'm pretty hated over Movies I know, but by idiots so it's okay. But my feelings get hurt when smart, intelligent people don't understand me - cause imo they should! But maybe they're not that smart after all.

Ahh just.. you guys, everyone, don't mind me. I'm going through an existential crisis at the moment.

4. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You only need to be as serious as the reply you wish to provoke :D

5. soaringeagle

lol well dont worry bout what the idiots think, but the smarter ones might just be respecting the opinions of theyre dumber freinds or misunderstanding your intentions of some comments, i cant say for sure since i never really looked at any of the threads in movies
    but i can just say i respect ya & your opinions....& the posts i've read of yours painted a picture of a very sweet wonderful woman

6. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

I think you are all cool. If you can't be a smartass you become a dumbass, right? I think people go here for conversation, be it light hearted, or serious. But if you can't have a little light hearted fun then there's a problem. As long as people aren't being rude to each other or putting each other down, bring on the sarcasm, wit, and dry humor!

7. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

BTW - the people that love you know how great you are, and those that don't think you are great aren't the ones you should sweat. Just be yourself. Not everyone in life will get along with each other. But trust me, many people on here think you are wonderful. I personally don't know much about you other than you seem to be a cool gal. I'd hang out with you any time. Don't let a few people running on a different frequency bring you down.

8. Lodog

Lodog ¿

What? I think you're being too serious.

9. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

hahaha.. I got that last time too!
    Well, yeah, I am serious here. Cause this is a serious matter! But I don't want people to think I'm serious when I post silly stuff.. which I do a lot..

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I know that it's impossible that EVERYBODY is gonna love me - or someone else - and don't want that.. but I just cannot stand it when I'm joking around and someone is gonna think I'm being serious. Like.. I said I felt like shit because my teeth were too white the other day. I'm sure a lot of people thought I was a conceited idiot. But I was being silly... of course.

11. soaringeagle

the only time i ever get upset is when its extremely inapropriate.. like when someones really reaching out for help for a very serius issue & someone comes back with a reply like "well just kill yourself" or like if someone is talking about serius body image issues & someone posts "well thats cause your a fat ugly cow" or something.. when its really just mean & hurtfull i get upset, but sarcasm just for the fun of it i love, it lightens the mood..sometimes i get too serius..& sometimes too silly,

but at this time i think its time to start a water baloon fight
    whomp..splasshhhh
    heehee penny looks awesome all soakin wet ;)

12. soaringeagle

how stoned or stupid do u gotta be to take that seriusly?

i want some of that weed :)

13. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

It's hard to be a mod sometimes. When people hate you because they fear you.. but there's nothing to fear from me :) As long as you like me. (joke)

14. 121

121 Senior Member

I like you Penny (but then you know that already) :p

15. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I am afraid of Penny, I heard she eats sailor men!!!!!!

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Who revealed that to you crummy??

17. soaringeagle

yea u scared me when u said u sleep with evil stuffed animals..what was its name boonorooonoboooo or something? eeek what a satanic name

18. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

No his name is Mootoonoo!!

19. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I don't have a stuffed animal, but I'm gonna go out and buy one just for the irresistable opportunity to name it boonorooonoboooo.

20. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Penny, you are seriously beautiful.