i sliced my toe

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by nimh, May 16, 2006.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

open at the beach the other day. it freaking hurts. :(

i forgot to be mindful of my feet and slipped up on the whole firewalking on the barnacles and mussels thing.

yeah, fun times.

2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Ouch! Make sure you clean the wound ,apply some antiseptic cream and a bandage.

One time I cut the bottom of by big toe by stepping in a puddle where there was something sharp underneath.

Toes are not made out of rubber! LOL

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Ouch...no fun!

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

thanks dad :)

i put some rescue ointment on it and a little steri strip. i cant stand big bulky bandaids between my toes. blech it's still really tender. :(

5. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Haha good advice! Hope you're okay! Another tip: Just because you barefoot a lot, your feet are not now invincible, and don't walk right through broken glass when walking down town and assume that those tiny bits won't find you! I did that two days ago....feeling a little dumb now :p

6. Barefooten

Barefooten Member

I would just ware sandles when you go outside especially if your walking on concrete.

When I was 5 yrs old I steped on a wasp barefoot because I was playing on one of those slipen slides. When I got off and ran through the grass I steped on a wasp which proceeded to sting me on my pinky toe. And believe me it stung like a B%tch.

Granted its all nice when going bare but you can never be so certain these days with whats on the ground out there. My advice to you ware sandles.

7. Kees

Kees Member

I would just ware sandles when you go outside especially if your walking on concrete.

Well that's your opinion, but I don't agree.
    I go barefoot everywhere and never had a problem,you have to watch where you are going of course.
    And this is a barefoot forum, not a sandals forum.

When I was 5 yrs old I steped on a wasp barefoot because I was playing on one of those slipen slides. When I got off and ran through the grass I steped on a wasp which proceeded to sting me on my pinky toe. And believe me it stung like a B%tch.

I believe it must have hurt since you still remember this, but accidents can occur everywhere. I once got stung in my hand, but I didn't start wearing gloves all the time because of this.

Granted its all nice when going bare but you can never be so certain these days with whats on the ground out there. My advice to you ware sandles.

And still your nickname is barefooten? strange.

8. Barefooten

Barefooten Member

Nevermind then I am new in this stuff sorry if I offended you.

I don't know the whole lingo around here mann, I am not fully par with what the lifestyle of a professional barefooter is all about mann. I need to be educated I just entered into this trend. All I know is that barefooters are barefoot 24 hours a day 7 days a week which to me is cool!:confused: :&

I am such a confused lad.

9. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

ps, toe's all better now :)

10. Au Naturel

Au Naturel Member

I like to hike BF and did so about 4 weeks ago with the family. This time is was for about 10 miles, up and down the mountains behind our house. I managed to stub the pinky toe on my left foot. At first, I didn't think anything of it until I felt something sticky between my toes. Man, that thing bled like heck. I didn't have anything to put on it, and we were miles from anywhere. It didn't hurt, in fact, I couldn't feel it at all. When we retraced our steps, I could see each rock I had stepped on because there was a bloody spot on it. When I got home, I cleaned it out and found that the end of my toe had had the skin peeled away. I cut the loose skin off and applied antibiotic ointment for a week. It was sore for a few days when I wore shoes. Now it's all better.

11. Rugged_Soles

Rugged_Soles Member

Barefooting in nature has it's risks. But it's well worth it for me. I also skinned the tip of my little toe, all ok now. I've broken little toes on both feet but one time it was while wearing flops in the office. So wearing sandals is not the answer. It's better to take your time and pay attention to the terrain.
    Barefooten wrote: I don't know the whole lingo around here mann, I am not fully par with what the lifestyle of a professional barefooter is all about.
    Wow ! are there professional barefooters out there that could give me an internship? I'd do it for free !
    keep asking questions and welcome to the free soled lifestyle
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weather. I sure am. Archie

12. Kees

Kees Member

Ok, i am not offended, maybe I came on a bit too strong.
    It is just that the words "it is better to wear sandals\shoes" is something barefooters don t like to hear.
    But if you want to wear sandals that is fine.
    To each what he likes best.
    Do try to go around BF more often:a whole new world will open for you.

Peace,

Kees

13. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

glad your toe is better!